Just arrived

JuliaR26

Registered
Hi, I'm Julia, 21 years old from the US (Baltimore). I've just arrived in Buenos Aires and plan on staying here for about a year. I'm starting a TEFL certification course next week, but until then plan on exploring the city. If anyone wants to meet up for coffee or a drink, that would be great! I don't know anyone here, and right now my spanish is pretty weak (though I'm working on it!) Anyway, let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

Julia

arq16

Registered
hey Julia.
I'm a 28 year old guy from Australia, and will be in Buenos Aires on Feb 11th for 1 week holiday, and was also looking to meet new people! my spanish is also VERY limited. I have been to the states a few times, and absoutley loved it there (NYC always amazes me).
cheers,
evren

halYEM

Registered
my girlfriend and i are from potomac/dc and gaithersburg, respectively. small world. we'd be glad to meet up as well.

lisa k

Registered
hey! :) see, you still have a lot of posts. I'm a german girl, 22, and staying here during two months. I'd like to meet up because I don't know a lot of people here neither... During my time, i'll do a voluntary job with children, teaching english and more. My spanish is quiet good because I studied in santiago de chile the last 6 months..maybe we could also help each other out with spanish and english. but that's only an idea, first of all I just want to meet nice people and enjoy the city,
greets,
Lisa (contact: lisa_kittel@gmx.de)

JuliaR26

Registered
Wow! Thanks for all the responses...maybe we could arrange to meet up somewhere, for anyone that is interested. If anyone has any suggestions for a good place, that would be great. How does Thursday afternoon sound?

Zenobia

Registered
Hello. What a coincidence it is that there are so many other people from Maryland here! I also came here to take a TEFL course, but am finished now and in the process of finding a teaching job. I'm 22 years old with a Bachelor's degree in Spanish. If there's anything you need help with linguistically or otherwise, let me know. I find that I'm liking B.A. almost as much as M.D., so I think you'll enjoy being here.