Just for fun - if you wanted to blow a lot of cash on a big night out in BsAs...

Went to La cabrera with a friend, we ordered wine and as much food (well more food) than we could eat, and still couldn't get the bill to more than 250 pesos. I love this town!

deadlegs said:
Have you tried the Faena Hotel in Puerto Madero. Their tango show is pretty pricey as is the restaurnat/bar. It is where welathy Russians choose to hang out. .

Wealthy Russians and the gatos that love them:cool: Don't think I've ever seen so many ah..working girls in my life in one place. And I find the food very overpriced for what it is - I wasn't super impressed any of the times I've eaten there.

And speaking of grey goose - a friend of mine ordered a grey goose/red bull in Canitas recently - think it was 75 pesos for the drink.

jenh said:
Went to La cabrera with a friend, we ordered wine and as much food (well more food) than we could eat, and still couldn't get the bill to more than 250 pesos. I love this town!

Last time I was there the wine we ordered was 200 pesos a bottle. So it is easy. Too easy....!

And seriously, $10 a drink? Where are you hanging out that stuff is so cheap? As others have said, a decent drink, i.e. not crappy wine or smirnoff, in a nice bar is approaching $20 with service. Which is more than NYC/Paris/London/[insert western metropolis here].

For drinks I would go to http://www.labeille.com.ar/ or the Plaza Hotel Bar. Then for dinner I would go to Chila or La Bourgogne. I would choose these places because they are quality, imho Faena stuff is just bling bling...

jenh said:

I don't know what you're ordering but I went out the other day and split 1 2-person entree,1 appetizer and 1 bottle of wine with my date, add 1 cocktail each and the bill was 500 pesos.

Well - I went out for the best pizza I have ever tasted in Los Eternos in Belgrano only a few nights ago - the pizza was enough for three, we had amazing gelati desserts and wine and cognac etc and the total bill for me, my lady and her daughter was 180 pesos - and for me that is spending a bit more than I usually like to spend - for me that is nearly half of what I would spend in my major grocery shopping session for the week...

PS Sorry about getting the name wrong every time - it was Los Immortales (my lady just corrected me then :) Still absolutely amazing pizza though - will be going there again soon :) Having said that I have an asado today that I need to politely pull out of so this might be an opportunity for another night of amazing pizza :)

Johnno said:
PS Sorry about getting the name wrong every time - it was Los Immortales (my lady just corrected me then :) Still absolutely amazing pizza though - will be going there again soon :) Having said that I have an asado today that I need to politely pull out of so this might be an opportunity for another night of amazing pizza :)

Is that the restaurant where you have a big bar U shaped on the right when you enter + an "horno de barro" (actually two, there's one also in the kitchens which are super clean since I had the chance to visit them) ? There's a small park/garden nearby ?
If that is, it's indeed an excellent place (owners are Uruguayans if I recall).

Hi French Jurist - its in a street off Cabildo in Belgrano - and from memory there are four of them in different locations - there are pictures on the walls of famous personalities from the 40s, 50s, 60s and so on - and all I can say is if you are a fanatic for real traditional wood fired pizza this is the place :) You might have to wait a bit depending on when you go but the wait is worth it :)

Back