Just Landed And Out Of Power!

another option is if you can`t find uk adapters. Buy some local plugs that can be rewired and cut your existing plugs off the cables and rewire them. Then just buy some uk plugs are replace them when you get back to the UK.

You never mentioned what it is that you are trying to power. Phone or a blender?

Check a Newsstand on the middle of the block of Av. Santa Fe Bet. Junin and Ayacucho on the even number side.

I cant believe you're actually saying something nice about Argentina!

When it's warranted, I say something positive; when it's not, I may write something critical (as opposed to negative). I am not an Argentine (though I have Argentine family), but I would treat my own country in the same manner (though I rarely write about it).

quick update.

for anyone in my position (no UK power adapters and everything rapidly dying)

walking south on Forida, turn right onto Corrientes, just past the street newsstand there is a hatch in the wall (a sort of newsstand with electronics) which sell the adapters (15 pesos each). cheap and cheerful - perhaps don't leave them plugged in whilst you are out for safety.

thanks to all for your advice in relation to this.

and the food info and potential debate is an eye opener. I have much work to do it seems - all info here is a great start! thanks.

I recommend you study up at Pick Up the Fork.
Every time I have eaten at a restaurant she reviews, I find she has nailed it.

http://pickupthefork.com/

OP,

Search this site for restaurant reviews and recommendations. You'll have way more success than with the pick up the fork drivel posted above.

Back