Just Landed. Need To Unlock Samsung. Or Get A Basic Cell.

ououborneo

Registered
Hello everyone!

I just landed in this lovely city.

I brought a basic phone (Samsung GT - e1205T, brand new bought in Indonesia in 2013) to use here. I got the Movistar SIM and recharged it. But it's not working. They said I have to unlock it.

I have googled everywhere but couldn't find a way to unlock it myself.

A new basic phone at movistar is USD100. I really don't want to spend that kinda money.

Does anyone know where i can unlock my phone or where I can get a cheap basic phone (used it's fine)?

Thank you so much!!!!

To unlock costs 300 pesos.. used to . At Galeria Americana Av. Santa fe 2450 enter to the end and to the left a small cell shop.

As Rich One said it's pretty easy. The shop I use for my cell service is Palermo Cell, two blocks west of Plaza Italia on Av. Santa Fe. Excellent service. Good luck!

Does anyone know a place to unlock a phone in Vincente Lopez / Olivos / La Lucila area? Thanks!

This brings up a question I have for my tech savvy friends.

If I bring my old Samsung android down for month of October and get it unlocked, I assume that I would still need to get cell service from a local telecom. Could that be done for one month and then renewed when I move down next summer?

Or should I just get a cheap cell phone from one of the shops mentioned above, or elsewhere, and buy some minutes just to use for local calls in October?

I use the android for calls, e-mail and text. I don't watch movies, listen to music or do anything else with it that I don't have to.

I probably should find a 12 year old and put him on retainer to help me with all my tech issues. In the meantime, thanks for your help.

You can look on ebay sometimes all you need is a code, but if not its easy to get someone to unlock it here!

Thanks guys. Follow up. When I return to the states do I go to my local tel-com store and have them take out the BA sim card? Or just gnaw it out with my sharp cat teeth?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you can't manage to take it out ask that 12 year old. [/background] :)

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]That's what children and grandchildren are for! [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I'll need to find one to borrow when I move down.[/background]

Back