Just Married...Now what..

tsmith8586

Registered
Hi Everyone - I am recently married and I have all the papers to present to immigration. Is there anyone out there who has already been thru this process to give me tips or a timeline as to what to expect?

After presenting my papers to immigration, will they send a letter? Is there an interview? What is next?

Thank you!

Tom

Search the forum -- I and others have detailed the process many times. Congrats!

tsmith8586 said:
Hi Everyone - I am recently married and I have all the papers to present to immigration. Is there anyone out there who has already been thru this process to give me tips or a timeline as to what to expect?

After presenting my papers to immigration, will they send a letter? Is there an interview? What is next?

Thank you!

Tom
There are about 10000 threads on the forum that cover this ground. Search.

Your parents really should have told you want to do after getting married. We couldn't possibly tell you that on a public forum. :eek: ;)

Congratulations on your marriage & good luck with the paper work!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who read the subject line and IMMEDIATELY thought ''honeymoon'' (or possibly something even a bit more raunchy :) lol

Sorry, tsmith, but I couldn't help imagining your topic title stamped on a t-shirt... There's a sarcastic angle to it, definitely. :D

Regarding your question, there's nothing I could add to what's already been said, really.

Congratulations!!! :)

@Johnno: I'm sure a lot of us experimented the same immediate reaction. I did, but I skipped it together with the raunchy ideas and moved straight to marketing. :D

Hi there, Tom!
My hubby applied for a DNI last December and we got it sent to our address like only a month and a half later, when we had just come back from our honeymoon.
The staff at the Immigration office were actually really nice and a lot less fussy than we would have expected, they didn't even any ask for many of the documents people here and in other expats forums claim they usually do, let alone their correspondent legal translation in Spanish.
Feel free to drop me a line should you need further input.
Best of luck,

Back