Just Moved From Boston

Hello Fellow BA Ex-Pats,

My name is Jason and I just arrived in Buenos Aires on Tuesday for a year-long job assignment. I have settled in Recoleta and had a wonderful first weekend here.

I don't know a single soul here so I thought I would just drop a line to introduce myself. If you have any tips for a newbie or just want to say hello, I'd love to hear from you: [email protected]

Best!

Jason

Welcome to South America. You have arrived at a very interesting time and hopefully will have a wonderful experience. BA can be a blast especially in the first few months while it is an all new experience make the most of it if you have the time.

Hello Fellow BA Ex-Pats,

My name is Jason and I just arrived in Buenos Aires on Tuesday for a year-long job assignment. I have settled in Recoleta and had a wonderful first weekend here.

I don't know a single soul here so I thought I would just drop a line to introduce myself. If you have any tips for a newbie or just want to say hello, I'd love to hear from you: [email protected]

Best!

Jason
Hi Jason and Welcome! Hope you have a good time while here. What do you do?

7b78f32fc84056d7ce56b76ef391e3f70bb58aa5e40c7d08d387090399d783e7.jpg

There are many 'lonely' expats aka souls in BA. One of the main reasons for expats get-togethers here or via other channels is to help bring *lonely* expats together, so that they don't remain *lonely* anymore? Having said that, some expats are here with families or married locally and perhaps may not be lonely as other expats, newly arrived.

So please enlighten me, on your allegation?

I would defend Ceviche by pointing out that English isn't his first language, but then I'd be on the receiving end of another nasty PM.

did I reveal to you in one of my Pm's that English is not my first language?

And you may publish here, if I ever sent you a **nasty** PM albeit the first one. And when you apologized, I accepted it and I thought we had moved on. Surprised to know that you still hold some grudge for reasons unknown to me.

Shame on you for lying blatantly!

2 Pms = **Another nasty** Pms

did I reveal to you in one of my Pm's that English is not my first language?

And you may publish here, if I ever sent you a **nasty** PM.

Shame on you for lying blatantly!

2 Pms = **ManY** Pms?

For some reason I Assumed it was French ....! :rolleyes: no offence intended..!

<p>
Sure well French is the Official language...?

If i sit down with a magnifying glass, I am sure, even I can find defects with anyone's English.

yeah yeah..natives are meant to speak perfectly/ or have superior ability and others are supposed to learn from them. But honestly ,do you feel that all Americans especially ones who live on the streets write perfect English or all Argies born/living in Argentina speak perfect Castellano?

As for English, thats the only language I know properly! I have been using it 24/7 since I was born ( or when I was 2.5 years old)...though I am not a native ..its frequent use in my life, was due to my special circumstances ( location etc) . And I use it so much that I have actually forgotten my native language - I have forgotten how to write it or read it! No kidding! So when anyone picks on my English here (for some silly spelling mistake or forgotten to use some conjunction) , I start wondering if I dont know English and I have forgotten my native language..then maybe I am a spastic or something without any communication skills! Or perhaps I have Down's syndrome or am austistic??? If I do not know how to communicate as a over grown adult, then it has to be one of these reasons!

Hence forth, I get irritated. And perhaps cos I show my irritation, some losers ( in life) here love to do it even more.

As a foot note - English is the primary language of almost 25 countries in the world and not just a *property of* USA/UK/Aus/NZ.

https://en.wikipedia...ficial_language

Back