Just moved to Buenos Aires

If you want a click of foreigners that probably don't speak much Spanish and where probably in a similar bubble back in there own country and that don't every really leave Palermo...then Palermo is your place. It will also include argies with similar mentality. If not, then there are tons of other options.

Dont agree fully on all the Palermo, San Telmo pro and cons! I live myself in Recoleta, close to Palermo, which I really love....buuuuuuuut, around Recoleta and Barrio Norte there is nearly no cozy inexpensive bars and hang-outs! You have bars in Palermo of course, and I spend a lot time there....... but its very mainstream and posh.....all cafes look the same with their stupid feng-shui bamboo in the door and so on. On top of that, Palermo will be the first to fall of the cliff when crisis hit this country.......you already see the emptiness in many bars during weekdays. On contrary, San Telmo actually offers a lot of nice relaxed hang-outs, without beeing overpriced and posh. Of course this is due to the much lower rent that both tenants and commercial places pay. So my advise would be to go and check out for yourself some days. Good luck!
(Just realized I only talked about bars now......need to join AA!)

No REALLY, listen to the opinions about the people saying NO NO NO to San Telmo. Palermo and Recoleta is where you want to stay. Especially if your company is paying for it, it wouldn't seem like you're looking to pinch pennies by staying in San Telmo while compromising your safety.

I'm surprised nothing's been said about safety. Puerto Madero is the safest place in BA, but secluded. Palermo is safe, Recoleta is safe, San Telmo is a mess (by BA standards... no place is 100% safe). You can find bars in ANY of these neighborhoods. Worry about safety first and any or club can be reached by bus in no time.

Good luck bra!

Back