Just realized I'm an Expat too :)

riosd

Registered
Hi,

My name is Daniel and I've been living in Buenos Aires for the last two years. I'm from Colombia, I work for a Non-Profit Organization called Voluntarios Sin Fronteras, I study an Specialization Degree in Non-Profit Organizations as well and my girlfriend is a professional Tango Dancer.

Many volunteers from all around the world recommended this website to me but even if I manage to express myself in English (went to live in London during 2008 and 2009), I felt like I wasn't an expat just because English is not my first language.

Now I realize I'm an expat as you guys and I would like to offer my help in anything related to the topics I manage (Volunteering, Tango, Football and off course Spanish language!!) and to learn from all of your experiences.

Saludo a todos!

Daniel

Welcome! I am sure your point of view on many things will be appreciated.

Welcome! Which city in Colombia are you from and why the move? (if you dont mind me asking)

I would love to do some volunteer work in BsAs. I speak Spanish and English fluently. Send me a message!

trennod said:
Welcome! Which city in Colombia are you from and why the move? (if you dont mind me asking)

Hello Trennod,

I'm from Bogotá, I came here first on 2007 as a backpacker and I fall in love with the city and it's culture.

Then I went to live in Europe for a couple of years and I appreciate learning about the diverse points of view you can find there, but at the same time I was missing Latin America and the warmth of it's people.

Here in Buenos Aires I feel I can find both: the diversity from Europe and the warmth from Latin America. That's why I moved here :)

Lclc23 said:
I would love to do some volunteer work in BsAs. I speak Spanish and English fluently. Send me a message!

Hello LClc23

I sent you the message already, we have meetings for new volunteers one thursday every two weeks and the next one is in two days, but I'm not sure if I can publish the address in the forum...

Anyone knows if it's allowed to publish an address?? other ways you can find the name of the NGO in my first message and Google it ;)

Daniel

Back