Just To Give Some Tourists A Laugh Yesterday!

So how did you spot some American tourists whilst driving, let me guess it was the socks and sandals?

My wife has a gift for that, snippy comments, and spotting minute details no other human being would ever notice. A drill instructor would envy her attention to details on SOME of the things she notices. I know I do. but It was the shoes, hats, and they way they all group together axiously, as if they expect the buildings to fall at any second. :)

My wife has a gift for that, snippy comments, and spotting minute details no other human being would ever notice. A drill instructor would envy her attention to details on SOME of the things she notices. I know I do. but It was the shoes, hats, and they way they all group together axiously, as if they expect the buildings to fall at any second. :)

Talking of spotting tourists, I find spotting Argentinans abroad characterstics are , if in another South American country they`ll be more often than not wearing a club football shirt (river/boca). If theyre outside of South America, theyre the ones out shopping whilst pulling a suitcase behind them....and wearing a club football shit.

And in Brazil, you can hear them from miles away :D

Thats true. its funny we went in a big group of friends to a Brazilian beach resort once and after a few days all the (Northern) Argentines in our group were complaining there were too many loud Porteños around the place. Then one evening I got talking to a local Brazilian girl who spoke English and she was complaining about there were too many loud Argentinans that evening, and she pointed out one particular group in the bar which happened to be the group i`d come away with. Ah how they laughed (and swore) when I told them what the Brazilian girl had said to me.

Talking of spotting tourists, I find spotting Argentinans abroad characterstics are , if in another South American country they`ll be more often than not wearing a club football shirt (river/boca). If theyre outside of South America, theyre the ones out shopping whilst pulling a suitcase behind them....and wearing a club football shit.

Funny, I've rarely seen Argentinos in club jerseys, except at a gathering for a match. But in tight polos or pink dress shirts with the sweater draped over the shoulders - always.

Thats true. its funny we went in a big group of friends to a Brazilian beach resort once and after a few days all the (Northern) Argentines in our group were complaining there were too many loud Porteños around the place.

Do you find them loud?! You should hear my Italian friends. They were *talking* on the train with the same volume of the random sellers walking thru the train. Everybody was staring at us and they didn't even notice. Plus, one of them was convinced nobody could understand Italian, so she moved her seat saying (out loud & louder) "I had to move because that lady has hadn't a shower in days". I wanted to die right there, that sentence in Italian is almost identical as in Spanish.

Do you find them loud?! You should hear my Italian friends. They were *talking* on the train with the same volume of the random sellers walking thru the train. Everybody was staring at us and they didn't even notice. Plus, one of them was convinced nobody could understand Italian, so she moved her seat saying (out loud & louder) "I had to move because that lady has hadn't a shower in days". I wanted to die right there, that sentence in Italian is almost identical as in Spanish.

Well I`m sure you know Argentines are Italians who speak Spanish. Having been to Italy some 10+ times and my Argentine inlaws family are first generation Italian Argentines. I can spot them a mile off. Argentines and Italians talk at the same volume, they drive the same, they have the same passion, they share the same great hospitality, they are both completely unaware of personal space, they wave their arms about the same and they both manage to stand in large groups in awkward places ie large group photos in front of the entrance to a train station,zoo,museums,harrods,etc,etc.

Back