Just wondering...Do I have to pay my rent?

On another perspective people that "postpone" payments ( for 90 or more days ) of rent , insurances, medical plans, utilities, loans, mortgages, etc. may find that it takes fewer dollars to make the payments later..? is it ethical?
Who knows what the dollar value will be in six months.

Again, «frozen» means no increase in charges but it's not a reason not to pay, at current prices, what is due.

Thinking otherwise is looking for trouble.

Deferring payement in hope it will take less dollars in the future is obviously a sellect few possibility. A game only those with income in USD can play.
Nothing new. Business as usual.

Careful with med insurance, those fuckers have no sense of humor. They rather have only two remaining customers than being owned 50 cents.

Iz

@AndrewMurphy even if you have only been reading BAExpats since you signed up, you should have got the message that if you want or need to go back to the USA you do not want to be watching jet planes taking off in the early morning rain, you need to be on one. If you are not already in contact with your embassy, you know what you need to do next...

@NeoWonk @Macanudo and @ben (when he is on line) seem to be the go to guys for information for Americans who want to go home so, even though I come from somewhere else, thank you for the steady flow of useful stuff. I appreciate it.

@anyBritsout there I have seen the advice just posted onto on the FCO website at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/argentina/return-to-the-uk and read a lot from the press so I guess now is the time to act if you want to be repatriated. I am not a resident, just someone who comes and goes and enjoys Argentina when I am here. I am comfortable and safe where I am and not so sure that would be the same back in the, back in the, back in the UUUK. I am minded to stay here and weather things out rather than try to leave right away. In my opinion - based on no evidence whatsoever - it could be three to six months or more before flights resume and I would guess two to three years before they become affordable again. Anybody else singing along with The Clash?

Reactions: ben
Andrew, I’m sorry you feel you received a bad reception - from my side I was a little upset that someone was seemingly so selfish by not caring at all about their neighbours health and also preferring to spend beer money/a nest egg than on their responsibility to pay rent. You can understand I hope! If it was all in jest I apologise I didn’t get the joke. Hope all goes well for you and take care.

Who is the most irresponsible BAexpat: the guy with the coughing neighbor or the guy that walks all over town looking for an open Western Union?

Back