Keeping ARG cell phone number if not in use

Kula

Registered
I have ARG prepaid sim card/chip as they say (Personal) that I dont use but would like to keep the number.
Should I do smthg so that one day they want desactivate the line and sell this number to somebody else? Maybe I should send a text mesage or call once in X months to show that I`m sort of active there? Any clear info on this?

As long as you keep a credit balance you should be fine. That might mean top-up often. It is still not clear to me why or when my balance expires on my only prepaid arg account which I also do not use often.

I have ARG prepaid sim card/chip as they say (Personal) that I dont use but would like to keep the number.
Should I do smthg so that one day they want desactivate the line and sell this number to somebody else? Maybe I should send a text mesage or call once in X months to show that I`m sort of active there? Any clear info on this?
Go to Personal site and check expiration date on your balance. Probably, the balance expires 6 month after you add some money to it. When it is about to expire, add another 10 pesos, and that will keep you going for another 6 months.

If you are not here, you can have a friend go to one of the machines in a kiosco, and plug in a hundred pesos every once in a while. They only need to know your phone number, and anybody can add money to the balance.

Don't know about Personal, but Movistar number is good forever. I've had a Movistar number for 10 years and never once put any money on. nor had a plan. You can switch to Movistar - they will give you a free simcard for the same number.

I have Movistar, and they would not give me a "forever" number without a DNI. They told me if I dont keep it with a balance, they will delete me. That was about 3 years ago. I keep a balance on it, and its fine, but I am not taking the risk, myself.
Even to get the Sim, I had to go in with my passport, and fill out forms.

I have Movistar, and they would not give me a "forever" number without a DNI. They told me if I dont keep it with a balance, they will delete me. That was about 3 years ago. I keep a balance on it, and its fine, but I am not taking the risk, myself.
Even to get the Sim, I had to go in with my passport, and fill out forms.
ooops, my bad, missed this little detail. i have a DNI

Back