Kids activity programs for July&August 2024.

Lindap

Registered
Hello, we are visiting BA for 2 months this coming July and August 2024. We would like to enroll our kids (age 10, 7, and 4) in a Spanish immersion program for 2 months. A kids activities program (swimming, sports, arts, etc) could also work. They currently don’t speak any Spanish, and our primary goal for the trip is for them to learn Spanish. Does anyone have any suggestions of any programs? I know it’s winter during those months but hoping there is still options.

I have a similar question, although my boys are 6 and 3. They attend Spanish immersion schools here in the US, but still have plenty to learn. We are still in the very early planning stages, but will likely be in BA from July 15 - Aug 9, give or take a week.

I'd like our kids to play with other kids rather than a babysitter/nanny situation.

I found this: https://www.clubdeamigos.org.ar/, but I'm not exactly sure what they offer and when. I am going to send them a message to request more information (I'll come back to share whatever I find out). I'd welcome feedback from anyone on here that has experience with this organization or recommendations for others.

Hello, we are visiting BA for 2 months this coming July and August 2024. We would like to enroll our kids (age 10, 7, and 4) in a Spanish immersion program for 2 months. A kids activities program (swimming, sports, arts, etc) could also work. They currently don’t speak any Spanish, and our primary goal for the trip is for them to learn Spanish. Does anyone have any suggestions of any programs? I know it’s winter during those months but hoping there is still options.
Per my post above, I have sent an information request. There appears to be some information in this thread: https://baexpats.org/threads/2-months-in-ba.46234/#post-436571

Hi @ATXfam and @Lindap - would love to learn if you found anything, my kids are 10 and 6, and we'll be in BA July 4-August 4, 2024. Am looking for something similar, i.e. Spanish classes + kids activities. Would also be eager to connect for playdates w/other English-speaking kiddos! Hope you see this message. :)

@aartimadan and @ATXfam, We are going to enroll our kids into a private school for 2 months in Adrogue, one hour outside of BA. It’s their winter and there is still school, so we couldn’t find any camps. We figured this is the best immersion. If you are near us, play dates would be great!

Have they had exposure to Spanish? My kids couldn’t follow school the first couple months, even though my wife always spoke to them in Spanish. Kids are fast learners but not two-months fast; with just two months you’ll be taking them out of school just when they start understanding what’s being said.

They do not speak Spanish. And I don’t expect them to follow school enough to do homework or pass tests. They are going to a bilingual school, so not everything will be foreign all the time. We are only there for their summer break, so two months will have to do.

@Lindap, have the host school agreed to this? Do they know you are only staying for two months? Is it part of a teacher exchange deal or something? Years ago, when our kids were just kids, we spent three and a half months as a family in a foreign country. We "touched base" with the local school and the kids sampled a couple of days in a different learning environment and we all became a resource for the school to draw on. More than a couple of days would have been disruptive for the school. We carried on with our own plans and homeschooled our kids along the way. Everybody, the host community and ourselves seemed to benefit that way.

Hi @ATXfam and @Lindap - would love to learn if you found anything, my kids are 10 and 6, and we'll be in BA July 4-August 4, 2024. Am looking for something similar, i.e. Spanish classes + kids activities. Would also be eager to connect for playdates w/other English-speaking kiddos! Hope you see this message. :)
Hi - did you find Spanish classes for your kids? I will be there with my family in July and I’ve been looking for Spanish classes for my daughter who is 11. There seems to be no group classes for her age and we will have to hire a private instructor. Looking to connect to other families who might want to hire instructor and have kids learn interactively in the group. my daughter, despite the fact that my husband is Argentinian, but is eager to learn. You know some people there who can find us a private teacher who would be willing to do fun stuff with the kids and teach simultaneously. Please reach out to me if this is something you’re interested in. We’re likely staying in Ricolleta, Belgrano or Palmero. We have spent a lot of time in BA so now it quite well there are so many wonderful things for kids to do.

@Lindap, have the host school agreed to this? Do they know you are only staying for two months? Is it part of a teacher exchange deal or something? Years ago, when our kids were just kids, we spent three and a half months as a family in a foreign country. We "touched base" with the local school and the kids sampled a couple of days in a different learning environment and we all became a resource for the school to draw on. More than a couple of days would have been disruptive for the school. We carried on with our own plans and homeschooled our kids along the way. Everybody, the host community and ourselves seemed to benefit that way.
Hi - did you find Spanish classes for your kids? I will be there with my family in July and I’ve been looking for Spanish classes for my daughter who is 11. There seems to be no group classes for her age and we will have to hire a private instructor. Looking to connect to other families who might want to hire instructor and have kids learn interactively in a group. my daughter speaks very little Spanish , despite the fact that my husband is Argentinian, but is eager to learn. We know some people there who can find us a private teacher who would be willing to do fun stuff with the kids and teach simultaneously. Please reach out to me if this is something you’re interested in. We’re likely staying in Ricolleta, Belgrano or Palmero. We have spent a lot of time in BA so now it quite well there are so many wonderful things for kids to do.

Back