Kindle on the Ipod Touch

JHB1216

Registered
I can not stop singing the praises of the Ipod Touch because of the applications that feed this news junkie.

But recently Amazon has released the Kindle application that allows you to dowload books to your Ipod. Most books are about 10.00 dollars but you can usually preview the first chapters of most books for free.

There is an application from Barnes and Noble that does the same thing but also allows you to read the book on your computer. Prices for most books is 10 dollars.

Lastly, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal are applications that let you read the newspapers free online.

Just an amazing little device.

yeah, it's terrific. Saved my life since it's hard to otherwise get english books in BA

Man, more reasons to want one ! thanks a lot ;).

I was hoping they were going to add the digital camera this time around. Lugging around books is no fun though so I'm happy about the endorsements above.

I thought they were going to add a camera as well! I have a question though...can you text message from them? Or do you have to use a message service, like Skype or AIM...my husband and I were thinking of not getting cell phones and just trying to text each other to keep in touch throughout the day...is this possible with the Itouch? Thanks!

katiemcaldwell said:
I thought they were going to add a camera as well! I have a question though...can you text message from them? Or do you have to use a message service, like Skype or AIM...my husband and I were thinking of not getting cell phones and just trying to text each other to keep in touch throughout the day...is this possible with the Itouch? Thanks!

I text my sons back in the USA with an application called SMS Touch which converts my text to an email and they get it as a text. It is free. Email would work just as well. Staying logged onto a chat service like AIM, Skype, yahoo would also satisfy your quest for instant communication.

Personally, a cheap unlocked cell phone is pretty cheap to have service for 20 pesos a month. It is not a good idea to flash around an Ipod Touch in the streets of Buenos Aires as there is always the chance of a snatch and run.

You can pick up the low end Touch for less than 200 dollars in the USA but it would probably cost you close to 600 (i am just guessing) if you needed to replace it.

I sleep with mine under my pillow.

Also, I use the STANZA app, which lets me download all the classics for free. It is very well designed, easy to read from and contains thousands of books in it's library from A C-D's Sherlock holmes to Kafka and don Quixote.

Back