Kirchner's funeral - politics as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sara I speak to you from the heart when I say that it is a mean thread that serves no purpose other than to divide people.

I am currently looking at the funeral and have found this to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life .

I suggest that you follow your own advice and extend a olive branch to all those you have had bad feelings for.

perry said:
Sara I speak to you from the heart when I say that it is a mean thread that serves no purpose other than to divide people.

I am currently looking at the funeral and have found this to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life .

I suggest that you follow your own advice and extend a olive branch to all those you have had bad feelings for.

In the first place, let me suggest your refrain from calling anyone "a very mean person". That's needlessly insulting, and contributes nothing to a thread.

Second, the President of a country has a duty to try and unite its citizens, heal rifts, and get people working towards common goals. However, I'm under no obligation to extend olive branches to those I don't respect.

SaraSara said:
In the first place, let me suggest your refrain from calling anyone "a very mean person". That's needlessly insulting, and contributes nothing to a thread.

Second, the President of a country has a duty to try and unite its citizens, heal rifts, and get people working towards common goals. However, I'm under no obligation to extend olive branches to those I don't respect.

Sara you have tested my patience with your personal attack of me via your private message . If you have anything to say keep it public and on record. I am not interested in lying to people for business reasons and do not require you to tell me how to express my thoughts on a public forum .

Perry, saraSara, you are two of my favorite posters on this site. Perry for his heart and see the best of all worlds and SaraSara for your broad knowledge of many continents that has helped you form advised posts worthy of reading. Please, stop the bickering..it´s only worthy of an Argentina that can do much better. You both appear as good and sensitive people who will regret any personal attacks after all this is said and done.

I think that SaraSara is just pointing out a very poor decision on Christina's part.

In the USA, and I'm sure every country in Europe: Every single living past president & vice president, who is healthy enough to attend, goes to every funeral of a past president.

That's how it works in the first world. It doesn't matter how much you hated each other, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

And SaraSara recognizes how uncivilized it is to "ask/demand/restrict/bar" (whatever) that past presidents and/or vice presidents NOT ATTEND a memorial service.

This isn't really even for discussion. It's not a My Side vs Your Side issue. It's ALWAYS DONE!! Period!! There's no discussion about whether they should be there. NONE!

She's just pointing out that they were barred. Interesting information. And very telling.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

Are you suggesting that Argentina is uncivilised.;)

Today I went to present my respects with my humble presence at the funeral of Nestor Kirchner, Cristina was there standing up firm behind her husband, it was and sad and and in certainly form a harrow experience to be in presence of this great people circumvented by a immense multitude who went to show to her their support and condolences, no a public figure received so much support by the people of Argentina except for Peron and Evita.

Toady still watching the TV at 22:41 the queue continue 25 blocks long with people waiting 5-6 hours to reach the funeral.

This will tell and is telling to the people who try to dismiss the importance of this event without precedent to present the respects to any ex-president of this nation.

To those negligible and minuscule people who that with rage are trying to cover the sun with their hands it's obvious that they can't do that even with all the their ridiculous screaming performance.

This man is for the Argentina today as Kennedy was for the Americans before until his death by assassination, a sudden and unsuspected death.

Kirchner was a statesman who wasn't afraid to confront the powerful and with that changed the history of politics of this country as Evita did long time ago.

Long live Nestor Kirchner, Long live Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, we love you.

Fuerza Cristina we are with you all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back