Kirchner's funeral - politics as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moxon said:
Cobos, Duhalde (and Carrio) have all chosen to not attend the velatorio (their own words except for Carrio who has not spoken at all). Look it up.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it...

Cobos no fue a la Rosada por pedido del Ejecutivo
"Mi intención era asistir, pero me pidieron que no lo hiciera", sostuvo; el mismo pedido se le hizo a Duhalde; el interlocutor fue Aníbal Fernández...

Moxon said:
...the more they stay the same. Unfortunately mobri1130 there are people here who will try to distort anything to give vent to their petty hatreds.

Cobos, Duhalde (and Carrio) have all chosen to not attend the velatorio (their own words except for Carrio who has not spoken at all). Look it up.

Yes indeed, there are people here who will try to distort the facts, and your post is proof of that.

Cobos and Duhalde did not choose not to attend the velatorio, they were ASKED or TOLD not to attend, which amounts to being barred = unwelcome = not wanted.

Somehow I doubt the Government did that to avoid "confrontations", as you say - it's never shied from confrontations before, and seemed to thrive on them. Probably it is just a way to humiliate former allies, now targeted as enemies. As I said, politics as usual.

Moxon, may I remind you of your promise to ignore my posts? Please try to do so.

erocifeller said:
What about our buddy Menem?!
He's under one of many versions of house arrest or pending trials or just plain persona non grata. Not exactly a K friend.

SaraSara said:
Yes indeed, there are people here who will try to distort the facts, and your post is proof of that.

Cobos and Duhalde did not choose not to attend the velatorio, they were ASKED or TOLD not to attend, which amounts to being barred = unwelcome = not wanted.

Somehow I doubt the Government did that to avoid "confrontations", as you say - it's never shied from confrontations before, and seemed to thrive on them. Probably it is just a way to humiliate former allies, now targeted as enemies. As I said, politics as usual.

Moxon, may I remind you of your promise to ignore my posts? Please try to do so.

This is the problem with Argentina/Kirchner/etc. Politics as usual. What's wrong with Christina? It's bad enough that she has battled with the Vice President while her husband was alive but to tell him not to come really shows what kind of person she is. And it has nothing to do with potential protestors, etc.

This is the biggest problem with Argentina. It needs a TRUE leader that really will act for the best interests of Argentina and all it's citizens instead of any personal agenda or feelings or sense of self satisfaction.

This was Christina's chance to show Argentina that this difficult time would be a chance of change. Unfortunately just shows politics as usual.

cobos is the vice president of the opposition.

He is a man that no one knew before he became to be the vice president of Argentina, he came to power behind a program of government to witch the only thing he did was to go against. He is an hypocrite, he doesn't like kirchner or respect him. and then goes to the press and said that he was a great president,,,,,,,,,,, what?. He is like having your enemy sleeping in your house.

And about D or Menem, my god this two, specially the last one are the reason of our crisis in 2001 and of the biggest decade in corruption that we had.

The truth is that he was not perfect. But i will like that any of you people that write in these forum, that came to Argentina, because you like the country and lets be honest because is much cheaper here that the states, and my guess is that most of you live in recoleta , palermo or the north of buenos aires to go to plaza de mayo and ask the people why they are waiting 7 hs to pay respects.
Probably where all of you live the people wanted to cheer or they are the ones that menem help to make money, dont know. But also you can see that the poor and the middle class is really sad, for me that means that he made something good.

i put an example is like if obama sent a law to the congress , and biden vote against the law ,

SaraSara said:
Just read in the paper that Vice President Cobos and former president Duhalde were barred from attending the Pink House's "velatorio".

It would seem that , teary eyes or not, Cristina is keeping an eye on her black list, and still regards old adversaries as "The Enemy".

Sara I am sure that 99 percent of people would not have an enemy of theirs attend a private function pretending to offer roses. You and all of us would do the same .

You are coming across as a very mean person with this thread .

perry said:
Sara I am sure that 99 percent of people would not have an enemy of theirs attend a private function pretending to offer roses. You and all of us would do the same.

You are coming across as a very mean person with this thread .

You overlook the obvious fact that this funeral is no family affair but a MAJOR POLITICAL EVENT, played as such by the government when it declared three whole days of mourning.

This would have been the perfect occasion to extend an olive branch, and offer some kind of conciliatory gesture to try to heal the hatred created during the past seven years. That opportunity was wasted, destroyed by a single petty action.

Your last line about my "coming across as very mean person" is totally uncalled for, but very much in line with the level of personal aggressiveness found in this forum. However, I expect I'll survive such harsh censure....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back