kombucha free

jago25_98 said:
You have to use the premium apple juice. All the other stuff has sweeteners in them. I had to look through about 40 different fruit juices in CarreFour to find it.

I did try to make true Kom' tea once. It didn't turn out as I was hoping. I don't know why. I might try again but really I'm happy with using fruit juices as it's so much easier. You just add a fruit juice and that's it. It tastes like AppleTiser or cidar.

The grains I used I sent from America. They were advertised as Kom' grains, with no distinction as to type. They were derrived from a milk kefir variety and the previous owner had bred them over a few month so they adapted to sugar and water.
They can adapt back either way but it take a few weeks.

I can say that the effect is a lot weaker than milk Kefir. I have never become ill while drinking good Kom or Kefir and I believe that this amazing drink may actually prevent any(!) infectious disease by outcompeting bad bacteria in the gut and providing an awkward environment even for virii! It's frankly amazing. I feel bulletproof with a gut full of milk kefir for sure. Of course, in order to really disprove this and have some surety of it I'd have to drink some regularly and then test it by licking something horrible, like the moisture off a bus window, or eat someone elses poo, which I'm not too much wanting to do!

I find I only notice a gut feeling if I haven't had any Kefir in a long while. With milk kefir, which I have more experience with I find appetite is effected as well as mood. Somehow it just makes you confident and happy like good truffles can. Kom tea is not so much like that. I can't detect that much of an effect because I haven't not had it for long enough to tell the difference.
That said, if you drink it and you have some travel sickness or something like that, the body can get confused and think the drink caused it.

Another option is juices from the health shops. That often has no sugar.

Have fun!

Thanks! I will bother you when I am ready to take on new bacteria, if that is okay, next month, I am thinking, if the apple juice is affordable! jajaj.

You can get the Cepita "premium" apple juice (it says 100% juice on the front, and is just apple juice and water, it comes in a gold box--the other stuff has corn syrup, etc. in it) from just about any grocery store for around 6 pesos. I haven't seen any fresh pressed apple juice here, though, so I think that might be your best bet!

Mhenna11, it's off topic, but have you tried oil pulling? I find it very helpful. Looking for some coconut oil, here I use sunflower....

CarverFan said:
Mhenna11, it's off topic, but have you tried oil pulling? I find it very helpful. Looking for some coconut oil, here I use sunflower....

I did this oil pulling for a year, and honestly it didn't do anything for me, it helped coat my mouth with nice oil, and this helped my gums, but that is about it, you can do it once in a while and it won't hurt you, and see for yourself, it may work for you. I like to rinse with mineral salt and water. And I don't use toothpaste, at all, I stopped using toothpaste 5 years ago. My teeth look good and I haven't had cavity since. I use non glycerin, super healthy , organic and hand made soap, one bar of this soap so far has lasted me for 6 months. I bought it in Bomplant market, ask for the soap sin glicerina, it cost 16 pesos, super expensive, but you won't need too much soap to brush your teeth. Rub the toothbrush on the soap and brush. Rinse your mouth with your homemade high mineral salt water mouth wash,( you can add a drop of peroxide, peppermint oil to make it taste better) .I use one rock of Himalyan salt in 4 cups of water, that is all. Add minerals to your mouth, not take them away. Oil pulling I don't know what it does exactly. I know how to take care of my teeth and my gums, because I never had dental care in NY, all I know is to stay clear of toothpaste because it contained glycerin. Glycerin which is in all toothpaste, doesn't allow your teeth to absorb minerals, and create the enzymes needed to kill bacteria. Of course,your diet is important, and chewing your food and chewing healthy things is very important for bacteria healthy mouth. Better than oil pulling save your money and grow wheat grass. I think chewing wheat grass is the cheapest and best way to clean your teeth, if you can bare it, once a month, chew on a piece of raw garlic, it so good for your teeth. Also chewing on a neem stick helps, you are exercising your jaw, producing natural enzymes for your mouth. When I was living in India, the poorest people had no toothpaste but they chewed on neem stick and they had all of their teeth intact, white and strong, accept for those that chewed on tobacco.jajaja In El Salvador, the old folks, the poorest people in town, used charcoal to clean their teeth (if they didn't drink alcohol), they had all of their strong teeth, unlike the young people who chewed candy, drank soda and who used to toothpaste to clean their teeth afterwards, they suffered the most dental problem I have ever seen, besides in my own country. In the end of all of my personal experiments, I found oil pulling impractical for me. I find it easier to clean the tongue with a spoon, rinse your mouth with salt water and to stop using toothpaste, and brush use organic soap. Keep it simple, I made it sound so complicated but I just want to save you the time and money. jajaja take care.

the girlfriend keeps throwing mine away
I'd like to buy some if i may,

Please PM me

mhenna11, do you know if neem is available here? I've been searching, but I don't know what it's called. It's the only kind of insect repellent that I like.

Hi, I have just moved to BA near Santa fe/malabia. I would love to start making kombucha, I have read so many good things about it. If you're still in BA and have some spare starter please let me know!

jago25_98 said:
I've got some too if anyone needs some. Great to hear someone else growing it! I'm around Av Santa Fe/Aguero cruzar

I just use apple juice. It took me a long time to find juice of any kind that didn't have any chemicals in it that kills it but I found the premium stuff works.

-j

edit:: I travel a lot and I once kept the lid on while traveling. This caused the bad anaerobic bacteria to grow and the good aerobic bacteria to die. Like food it had gone off. I had some and it made me feel very ill, but I'm still here to tell the tale.

You can smell the difference but it's a bit of a shame because if someone is ill probiotics can potentially save lives. But if I wanted to give it to a very ill relative to protect from the super strong infections in hospitals I would hesitate because if it was a bad batch it would probably kill them.

Also, never let anyone see the brew before it's ready or see or smell a bad batch. If a person gets a wiff of a bad batch, like fish (only bad fish smells like fish, fresh fish smells of nothing), they will be put off the good stuff forever.

Hi, just wondering if you still have any kombucha mushrooms. Thanks

Back