Lack of seafood in Argentina

A recommendation from me for fish deliveries: riocaribe_pescados in Instagram. They deliver to CABA on Saturdays, to the north of GBA on Fridays I believe. It's best to check with them which type of fish is available before ordering. Very nice people, we just made an order for the weekend.

1618522301456.png
1618522323674.png

Coto announced Norwegian Cod , must go try it . Someone did?

A recommendation from me for fish deliveries: riocaribe_pescados in Instagram. They deliver to CABA on Saturdays, to the north of GBA on Fridays I believe. It's best to check with them which type of fish is available before ordering. Very nice people, we just made an order for the weekend.

View attachment 7685
View attachment 7686
Anyone know the translations for these fish? I know merluza but most of the others I'm not sure of

Anyone know the translations for these fish? I know merluza but most of the others I'm not sure of
The names are Caribbean-style, there are oceans between here and there so some of my translations may be a reach:

Pargo: Red Snapper, sold in in Mexico as Huachinango, in Buenos Aires as Besugo, Good deep-fried.
Roncador: in Venezuela it's similar to Pargo, but has a yellow band or stripe. I haven't tried it here yet. In English it might be called Black Drum.
Lebranche: some kind of Mullet. Good done butterfly in the oven or on the grill.
Curvina: apparently it's called Croaker in English. I had no idea.
Cazón: baby shark. in Venezuela it's used shredded and spiced as a filling for empanadas. I'm told it smells strongly of ammonia when it's being cooked. We will find out soon.

The names are Caribbean-style, there are oceans between here and there so some of my translations may be a reach:

Pargo: Red Snapper, sold in in Mexico as Huachinango, in Buenos Aires as Besugo, Good deep-fried.
Roncador: in Venezuela it's similar to Pargo, but has a yellow band or stripe. I haven't tried it here yet. In English it might be called Black Drum.
Lebranche: some kind of Mullet. Good done butterfly in the oven or on the grill.
Curvina: apparently it's called Croaker in English. I had no idea.
Cazón: baby shark. in Venezuela it's used shredded and spiced as a filling for empanadas. I'm told it smells strongly of ammonia when it's being cooked. We will find out soon.

which would be the typical fried type full fish we get to eat in Colombia?

And which one would be the full one in soup in Thailand?

which would be the typical fried type full fish we get to eat in Colombia?

And which one would be the full one in soup in Thailand?
You're thinking of Mojarra? Random googling tells me that Mojarra would be Tilapia in English, though Tilapia as far as I know is a freshwater fish.

Never mind, the typical Caribbean beach lunch is deep-fried whole fish (Pargo or Roncador in Venezuela, Mojarra in Colombia), coleslaw, and twice-fried green banana slices (plantain, tostones in Venezuela, patacones in Colombia). I miss the Caribbean and the beach. And I know nothing at all about Thailand, sorry.

FRESH Sardines and Anchovies? Anchovies are Italian MSG! :) :) :)

Shrimp & lobster? Hmmm, this could be a real interesting idea...
And "tentaculos" ??

In Colombia we do enjoy deep fried Pargo, Mojarra and Lebranche with beautiful patacones and coconut rice.... Here's a good example of a lunch in Cartagena

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_174458_669.jpg
    IMG_20210416_174458_669.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 8
Back