Lame expats are lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkBill

Registered
Funny thing just happened

I walked out of a bar, at only 11pm with two foriegner friends, and there was nothing in the street

There was a really ugly, weird, stupid, serial killer looker hanging around... with his equal gf.. So i said to him in spanish

"che hay taxis por aca?"

And he told me in english.. "No, I havnt seen a taxi."

so I said. "Er, ok..."

Then, this freeak looked at his freak, like really scared....like they had just seen a ghost..and he said "lets run" LOL

Guess they were scared. If you are tha tfreak, you are really ugly and you suck and you have two chins. time to hit the gym

They ran away?

How you know they were expats? eh, eh?

because they spoke english with no argentine accent maybe?

how many argentinos say "LETS RUN" ?

keep running scumbags
since it was on the border of la boca / san telmo i hope these bomhemiom tryhards got shot on the way home

I gotta admit though...everything i said to them was with a super 'low' argentina accent, che. And my companions were brown.. so mabye they thought we were dangerous.. in thisd case, no offense, good luck

yeah prolly stayign in a hostel 8 blocks towards the microcentro and were lost

good POINT

I congratuate u

But Furi..surely you arent advocating that tourists run from people just because they are brown?

Are you racist?

Your silence only implicated you mas

Like martin luther king would say....WE'RE gonna stand up right here

I was wondering how long it would be before what I call the ''Rhodesian factor'' kicked in. It is a very interesting point though I am thinking. The idea that based on previous experiences we will certain people of a certain skin colour and perhaps expect the worse rather than the best. This question is possibly a loaded one but even so it begs the question that if someone in their individual life experience is accustomed to being robbed or attacked or abused by attackers of a certain colour and if they see people in the street of that colour and feel a certain reaction to that based on their prior experience does that necessarily make them ''racist'' or is it that they are simply realists who based on their own experience are placing themselves ''on guard'' because they fear the worst from this particular population sub-group ? I know that in several countries I have lived in I have been robbed and attacked at gun-point by people of a different colour to myself so the question is then a simple one: Am I a ''terrible racist'' because I am confronted by such people again and start to feel that I need to be ''on my guard'' and cautious? For me I think not but opinions (I am sure) will vary here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back