Blame It On Rio

Gringoboy

Registered
Ah yes, the allure of Copacabana beach, the tangas, sashaying beneath a moonlit tropical sky at midnight.
You can just imagine the conversation between Tricky Dicky and his band of merry men as they snuck past the hordes at Ezeiza.
Phew, that was a close run thing.
With those staunch TN journalists now crying 'foul!', some glaring questions remain.
Where were the local airport police?
Don't they have security cameras in Rio airport?
Witnesses?
Actual footage?

On Dos Voces that very night, a diputada more or less stated that if Tricky Dicky goes, then so does Kris.
In your dreams Lady.
I have an awful feeling that this story, like so many others, will end up in a cul de sac.

You are full of wishful thinking.... jjjajajajaj.. you would like to hear that there was no aggression the TN newsmen inflicted themselves the bruises and wounds a montage.... jajjaja. so what the fact remains Echegaray traveled to Rio in Emirates business class, and spent a mint obtaining dollars without trouble. Against the Government guidelines to vacation at Home..!! and Fly Aerolineas

Welcome back Robert Cox.
http://www.buenosair...for-journalists

Although quite why the Herald maintains this subscription policy for certain articles is beyond me.
I would also go on to say that the Herald's coverage of Riogate, was minimal to non existent.
Some may say that the Herald feeds from the government hand. This runs contrary when you read the excellent articles by Cox and Neilson.

If La Nacion is to be believed, the first and most important Presidential decree announced today was to order her economy minister to get more tomatoes into the country.
I'm on the floor with this latest little nugget.

I bought 2 kilos for 15 pesos yesterday . Best price for a while

I can see this rising to 2 for 40 with all the commissions that have to be paid to Brazilian middlemen , customs agents , lorry drivers and the government officials involved.

It seems Brazil also has a tomato problem, so we're not alone then.
That's a relief.

Argentina has the ability to produce groceries for 400,000,000 mouths, yet "we have no tomatoes," wheat, corn, carne........ WTF? Hard to comprehend.

Argentina has the ability to produce groceries for 400,000,000 mouths, yet "we have no tomatoes," wheat, corn, carne........ WTF? Hard to comprehend.

To me it is very easy to comprehend. It is not worthwhile to grow anything in Argentina.

Brazilian media is announcing that Argentina will import tomatoes from Brazil.

http://www.infomoney.com.br/mercados/noticia/3138229/argentina-pode-conter-inflacao-importando-antigo-vilao-brasileiro

I don't know much on the subject but isn't it actually true that the infatuation with soy has basically screwed up beef and agricultural industry in the country? I remember from 2009 the city's verdulerias and super markets had amazing fruits and vegetables all locally produced within Argentina. At the time I was comparing it to fruits and vegetables imported from all over Europe into Dubai. Now the imported stuff from Europe seems a lot more superior. Just my observations, like I said, I really don't know much about this subject.

Back