Late Night Pharmacies - Sleeping Aids

I don't think a pharmacy will sell you sleep aids without a prescription. They don't even sell Tylenol PM without one, but the ingredient in Tylenol PM that makes you sleepy is an anti-allergy drug that's used in Benadryl. You could just ask them to sell you difenhidramina HCI 25mg. Take two and you'll be asleep in one hour.

Or, better yet, if anyone knows pharmacies that deliver (and wouldn't ask for a prescription on the phone...) that would be A+

All of your posts since you joined this forum are about pills. You will get more help if you go to an emergency room and explain your situation, and get a doctor to give you a prescription if he thinks that is the way to go.

not something I'm super thrilled about. For what it's worth, I have a psychiatrist down here that I see bi-weekly. I have had prescriptions here and in the U.S for all kinds of pills for nearly 10 years.

Not the type of thing I love about my life, but I've made a cost benefit analysis that's personal. I think that's fair.

I wish that was the case. My issue is anxiety that causes insomnia.

I now, but you can't get xanax without a prescription from a psychiatrist, so you can take Benadryl to sleep the next few days until you see your doctor.

not something I'm super thrilled about. For what it's worth, I have a psychiatrist down here that I see bi-weekly. I have had prescriptions here and in the U.S for all kinds of pills for nearly 10 years.

Not the type of thing I love about my life, but I've made a cost benefit analysis that's personal. I think that's fair.
Sorry I don´t judge you, many years ago I had to take medication too. It is just something you have to be very careful with just so you don´t run out of medication and find yourself in this situation. I think it should be easier to just go to an emergency room and get a prescription than have to wonder around the city trying to get a place that will sell with no prescription. Do you have health insurance here?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi all, I came down to BsAs a little over 2 months ago to start teaching english. I am prescribed diazepam on a daily basis for gen. anxiety disorder. My psychiatrist in the U.S. gave me 3 months worth of medication & bottles that show that they have a refill on them. I thought I would have no trouble getting them refilled, I have the bottles, I have I.D. & am prescribed this medication. As I am starting to run low I went to a few Pharmacies, both off-brand smaller ones & 1 or 2 main ones, presented them with the bottle & my I.D. & I got yelled out of each one.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]My castellano is not that bad...I understood what they were saying, which was that the drug is illegal...which I get but again I am prescribed.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Are there pharmacies anyone can recommend where I won't face this problem?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]if not, what is the best route for me too take...should I simply have my psychiatrist in the states write another refill, send it to my parents, have them fill it & ship me the medication...would they even get through customs?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Should I simply go to a place downhere, like the Hospital Aleman & explain the situation & hope they give me a prescription?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If anyone has any suggestions as too what I should do please let me know!![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks! [/background]

There are farmacias around the city that don't care about recetas. They're usually not parts of a chain and are de barrio, if just go around with your prescription bottle and keep asking. Otherwise just find a psychiatrist here and pay for a consult and the receta. Try the yellow pages,

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi all, I came down to BsAs a little over 2 months ago to start teaching english. I am prescribed diazepam on a daily basis for gen. anxiety disorder. My psychiatrist in the U.S. gave me 3 months worth of medication & bottles that show that they have a refill on them. I thought I would have no trouble getting them refilled, I have the bottles, I have I.D. & am prescribed this medication. As I am starting to run low I went to a few Pharmacies, both off-brand smaller ones & 1 or 2 main ones, presented them with the bottle & my I.D. & I got yelled out of each one.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]My castellano is not that bad...I understood what they were saying, which was that the drug is illegal...which I get but again I am prescribed.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Are there pharmacies anyone can recommend where I won't face this problem?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]if not, what is the best route for me too take...should I simply have my psychiatrist in the states write another refill, send it to my parents, have them fill it & ship me the medication...would they even get through customs?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Should I simply go to a place downhere, like the Hospital Aleman & explain the situation & hope they give me a prescription?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If anyone has any suggestions as too what I should do please let me know!![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks! [/background]

Nowadays " friendly " pharmacies will sell you a drug without prescription if they know you, you are a recurrent customer, etc. you might be lucky and hit one that sells it to you. If I was you, I would go to some hospital, and would get a prescription. You can even go to a public hospital just so you don´t have to spend any money. Go with your bottles, etc and explain. I am not sure what the reactions would be at the pharmacy if you present a foreign prescription. If you have health insurance, all of them have a psychiatric emergency and they will provide you with a prescription upon seeing a Dr. on the same day. Hope this helps!

Back