Latin Americas move to the left Good ? OR Bad

There is so much hatred fostered in the world and wars that never end by the same people who use the word peace and democracy as a byword.

I do not understand the obsession that some have in what happens in other countries where they do not reside . If Venezuela or Argentina chooses a different form of government let them be as it it their choice and do not need outsiders to stir the pot up .

Wars are increasing with Obamas peace machine increasing troops by incredible numbers in Afghanistan, Yemen and other middle eastern countries. Where is the outcry about this ?

orwellian said:
We've already been over the suitcase thing and there's zero evidence that Chavez or the K's were involved in it.
Zero evidence? Wow, that's really wonderful. I guess I can just forget about where that $$$$ ended up. Thanks for the relief.

ghost said:
Zero evidence?

Yes zero evidence. If you weren't so naive to think that CIA isn't powerful, you might have noticed some details of this case. Such as who actually got caught with the money. A rich Venezuela business man who publicly supported the coup on Chavez. The other two Venezuelans who were indicted were also connected to the opposition. The only evidence there was that this was connected to Chavez was the testimony of these criminals. And needless to say, the way the U.S justice system works, it is not credible.
And if you really think about it; why would Chavez even have a civilian transport the money? If they really wanted to send that dirty money over to Argentina, they would have used a diplomat.
This is efficient propaganda and you are an example of that.

orwellian said:
Yes zero evidence. If you weren't so naive to think that CIA isn't powerful, you might have noticed some details of this case. Such as who actually got caught with the money. A rich Venezuela business man who publicly supported the coup on Chavez. The other two Venezuelans who were indicted were also connected to the opposition. The only evidence there was that this was connected to Chavez was the testimony of these criminals. And needless to say, the way the U.S justice system works, it is not credible.
And if you really think about it; why would Chavez even have a civilian transport the money? If they really wanted to send that dirty money over to Argentina, they would have used a diplomat.

Total nonsense, talk about spin, they were caught red-handed, were tried and convicted. People got caught with cash doing the same thing in Bolivia and Peru. Interesting that the bag man who was caught at the airport bringing in the cash had actually made I believe around ten trips previously. I wonder what the total amount of cash was actually brought in. I wonder what the K's promised to do for Hugo in return for the cash.

gouchobob said:
Total nonsense, talk about spin, they were caught red-handed, were tried and convicted. People got caught with cash doing the same thing in Bolivia and Peru. Interesting that the bag man who was caught at the airport bringing in the cash had actually made I believe around ten trips previously. I wonder what the total amount of cash was actually brought in. I wonder what the K's promised to do for Hugo in return for the cash.

Did you actually read what you just quoted?

A. All three criminals were connected to the opposition, not Chavez.
B. They would never transport money that way.

What part of that aren't you getting?

orwellian said:
Naive? Hum, perhaps I know more than you want to imagine. But you sir are just plain stupid!

I'm wondering if any of the people talking about all the great things Chavez has done have spent any time in Caracas?

I have been to Venezuela quite a few times, and not just Caracas.

Now, I'm wondering if any of those people speaking negatively about Chavez are Venezuelan, or even South American for that matter ?

I'm guessing they are not, I am also guessing they don't know what Venezuela was like for the people Chavez is trying to help BEFORE Chavez came to power.

People need to worry about their own countries before they start trying to tell others how to run theirs.

La Patria Grande es nuestra, no suya.

AlexfromLA said:
I have been to Venezuela quite a few times, and not just Caracas.

Now, I'm wondering if any of those people speaking negatively about Chavez are Venezuelan, or even South American for that matter ?

I'm guessing they are not, I am also guessing they don't know what Venezuela was like for the people Chavez is trying to help BEFORE Chavez came to power.

People need to worry about their own countries before they start trying to tell others how to run theirs.

La Patria Grande es nuestra, no suya.
Chazev came into power when you were about 15 years old are you suggesting that you observed the change during your many trips?

Back