Law on wearing masks outside?

One wonders why we have Only a dozen ? or so members that exchange opinions on this Forum ? correct me if I'm wrong..!

One wonders why we have Only a dozen ? or so members that exchange opinions on this Forum ? correct me if I'm wrong..!
Rich One, I'd say that lots of people see their views expressed by those who post regularly and therefore don't really see the need to repeat what's already been said. Their way of expressing their views is through a like.

On the issue of wearing face masks in public, I find it interesting that runners can run without a mask but walkers cannot. I do think that runners should be able to go mask less because as far as I know (and I realize there is still a lot we don't know) there are no documented cases of infections either caused or suffered by runners. If runners are breathing more deeply and exhaling more droplets and therefore are potentially greater spreaders, why would it not be ok for walkers, who do all that to a much lesser degree, to go without masks. And by walkers I am not referring just to the people who are walking in an area like a park (some of those walkers already are going mask less). I am referring to people who are in city streets but who are not talking to anyone, not entering enclosed spaces like businesses and are maintaing a good distance. Why should they have to wear masks? Again, are there documented cases of them spreading or getting the virus because they weren't wearing a mask? I do realize there are studies to say the droplets can remain in the air for a while. I'm just not sure all the policies around mask wearing here are based on the scienctific data we have up to now and it's going to be much harder to convince people to continue wearing masks once it gets really hot, especially after so many months of obligatory wear. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I would add that of course anytime one of what I am calling a "walker" enters a business or starts speaking to anyone, even if that interaction is taking place on the street, a face mask would go on immediately.

Back