Lawyer in Argentna for immigration to USA?

eric2011

Registered
Does anyone know of a lawyer working in Argentina, full or part time. who can advise on immigration to the US for Argentine nationals? Thanks.

Sorry but I don't think that lawyers in ARGENTINA would specialize with immigrating to the USA. Typically in this kind of scenario, you'd hire an immigration attorney in the country you are trying to get to (the USA in this case).

Yes, there are lawyers in BA who work in this area. I met one last year but can't locate him now. They may spend part of the year in the US and part in Argentina. I know there are many immigration lawyers in Miami - and New York and other cities but I'd like to consult one who works here at least part of the year and preferably one who comes with a recommendation. Thanks

but really aren't such lawyers a scam.... for most developed countries, the rules should be clear and easily available on the Internet.

Dipoots said:
but really aren't such lawyers a scam.... for most developed countries, the rules should be clear and easily available on the Internet.

For most people it just comes down to how they value their time. Very rarely are things so simple when it comes to immigration and getting permanent residency.

Even if everything is spelled out and information out there...you can spend lots of time spinning your wheels.

When I got my permanent residency in Argentina I probably could have figured it out myself but spent thousands of dollars getting it and it was worth it to me as I'm sure it would have taken much longer doing it on my own.

Unfortunately lawyers are a necessary "evil" these days when doing business.

I've met several people that have done the process of getting permanent residency in the USA via the investment visa. So far, all of them I heard used lawyers.... I'm not sure what they paid though.

Dipoots said:

90% lawyers are scam.

But their is always 1 good lawyer among 10 scamming lawyers -

For example we have a very good lawyer in BA - our own Bajo Cero

Best way to emigrate to USA for Argentines would be try for Green card lottery. Its a genuine and lot of people get lucky.

There is a lawyer who helped an Argentine friend of mine get her green card despite having a difficult case because she had been deported from the U.S. a few years ago and needed a waiver or pardon. She told me he was highly recommended to her from a friend of hers in Miami where he practices and she was very pleased with the way he handled her case. He also speaks Spanish which my friend liked since she speaks very little English. She originally contacted him at his office in Miami and then met him here since he comes here regularly. Anyways his email is [email protected] if that is helpful.

Back