Lawyer Needed In Capital Federal [Building Pipe Burst]

BXpat

Registered
Just got back from vacation over christmas and new year during which time a pipe in my building had burst which flooded one of the bedrooms in my apartment. The bedroom wreaks of mold/fungus, bookcases crashed because of the walls getting so wet, and lots of water damage on ceiling and hardwood floors.

Since it is the buildings fault we contacted the building administrator who said that there is only insurance for fires in the building and my home insurance from Galicia will probably not cover this because the pipe is the buildings responsibility.

Any suggestions on a lawyer to bring charges against the building would be appreciated.

If you are located in capital federal, the best first option is to go to the CGP that belongs to your address, go to the defensa del consumidor / mediador office. Talk to the officer who most likely will ask you to write down a letter with full details, as well as a copy of the reglamento de copropiedad of where you are. And read your monthly expenses to see the insurances that all of you are paying. You also can contact the consejo de administracion. Most of this offices are open to the public for few hours per day, as they also schedule mediations.

Good luck with that. The same happened at my mother-in-law's place over the last few days.

No, you have to sue the consorcio. But to find a lawyer durinh january is a task.

thanks for all your advice. We went to the administrator's office with photos and videos and she said they will cover the costs. I have reached out to several lawyers just in case the administrator decides to go back on their word.

Thanks again.

Back