Lazaro Baez on the verge of being set free.

Baez has not been convicted of anything. It is a basic tenet of law that a person is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Baez has spent three years of "preventative detention" in prison. It is also a basic tenet of law that justice delayed is justice denied.

Now he has not been set free. He has been released to home arrest, with a GPS tracker locked around his ankle.

I understand that you gentlemen are strongly anti-K, and you are certainly entitled to your opinions. But basic respect for due process of law, and basic considerations of humane behaviour, must come before personal desire for political retribution. Think about the importance of precedent in law, and remember that if the rules are bent to convict a criminal today, those precedents may be used to convict an innocent man tomorrow.
And Adolf Hitler was innocent because he was never convicted of anything?

The scale of corruption of the K governments over twelve years couldn't be much better documented by independent media. You are referring to generally accepted judicial procedures (proven until guilty). This would also require a law system that works, that does not murder or intimidate key witnesses, that does not delay processes, that does not have corrupt judges.

If you in all seriousness wander the streets of Buenos Aires and believe that Baez, Kirchner etc are innocent because they have not been convicted of anything: Wow!

Baez will never be convicted , the Judge will be challenged or will die, the files will be lost or burnt in a fire, the witnesses will disappear, the Law will be amended..! Etc. Or Natalia Mercado Kirchener ,Cristina's niece, will be appointed the Fiscal .. (BTW Natalia Mercado is a very good looking young lady) Must have genes from his Father...Alicia OMG.

Baez will never go to trial. If he did he would have to disclose who his co-conspirators were. i.e. the K's.
After 12 years of K rule allowed Baez and the presidential family to become multi millionaires. Thanks in part to kickback schemes and Public Work Projects that were never done or never finished. Kudos to President Macri for rounding these people up and putting them in jail were they belong. No judge in his right mind is going to want to touch this thing with a ten-foot pole. Unless you happen to be a judge related to the former president's family.

Last edited:
Nazi Tourettes - A condition in which one makes compulsive and often illegitimate comparisons between political figures or practices of Nazi Germany and current politics (Urban Dictionary, 2010).
I agree that most Nazi comparisons are not legitimate, but I dont think that you can apply this to my statement. Neither did I accuse the Ks as Nazis, nor did I accuse them of Nazi practices. As much as I am anti-Peronist and anti-K, that obviously has nothing to do with the Third Reich (genocide vs the occasional murder is truly not the same).

i referred only to one of the biggest criminals of mankind to make the point, that innocent until proven guilty does obviously not always apply, certainly when the underlying law system does not work. And the judiciary system here in Argentina is clearly not independent, clearly not working. At least that is my view. (But again, it is not a Nazi system, don’t worry)

I agree that most Nazi comparisons are not legitimate, but I dont think that you can apply this to my statement. Neither did I accuse the Ks as Nazis, nor did I accuse them of Nazi practices. As much as I am anti-Peronist and anti-K, that obviously has nothing to do with the Third Reich (genocide vs the occasional murder is truly not the same).

i referred only to one of the biggest criminals of mankind to make the point, that innocent until proven guilty does obviously not always apply, certainly when the underlying law system does not work. And the judiciary system here in Argentina is clearly not independent, clearly not working. At least that is my view. (But again, it is not a Nazi system, don’t worry)

youre-new-here-arent-you.jpg

Baez has not been convicted of anything. It is a basic tenet of law that a person is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Baez has spent three years of "preventative detention" in prison. It is also a basic tenet of law that justice delayed is justice denied.

Now he has not been set free. He has been released to home arrest, with a GPS tracker locked around his ankle.

I understand that you gentlemen are strongly anti-K, and you are certainly entitled to your opinions. But basic respect for due process of law, and basic considerations of humane behaviour, must come before personal desire for political retribution. Think about the importance of precedent in law, and remember that if the rules are bent to convict a criminal today, those precedents may be used to convict an innocent man tomorrow.
Wow say that to President Menen, and ex vice president Budo, and Christian Kichner and the Nisman case. Just to name a few

Back