LCD tv's

ghost said:
LCDs are nice but you might really want to consider an LED. I don't care for the 3D version but the regular LED units are great. Also pay attention to the cycles or refresh speeds.

unfortunately LED's are even more of a rip off here than lcds

argsteve said:
I am selling a 32 inch LCD Philips HD 1080p if anyone in interested... like new never used 2800 pesos

You can already get multiple different branded new 32" LCD's for $2999

Sleuth said:
Look at the comments - someone just brought one and didn't even pay any duty.

That would be I. Paid $475 for a 42 inch LED backlit Vizio. Plugged it directly into my cable and it worked. (better with the digital box though) Also no need for a transformer. They don't advertise it, but I think most TVs now-a-days are universal. So they can sell them all around the world without having to make modifications. It's working beautifully. Near HD with Cuevana. And no, no duties paid!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.

scotttswan said:
what price did you pay in the end?

$6,100 down from $7,000. I know that it's expensive but it was a must for the Rugby World cup.

waldo_jeffers said:
I bought it from EASY Palermo.

I'm not seeing anything in their website... what is the actual brand name / model number?

My large purchases with skybox:

*washing machine
*range
*microwave

scotttswan said:
have you ordered something as large as a lcd tv?

scotttswan said:
finally an offer!
http://www.coto.com.ar/nacion.html
42" 1080 LCD tv $3699 until monday

Cheap perhaps, but Best Buy was selling a 42" 1080p LCD yesterday for USD $199. Similar prices as well at other stores. One could have ordered that online with SkyBox, paid 100% import duties and it still cheaper than the USD $860 Coto wants. :rolleyes:

Back