Leaving AR with your pet....

When we came to Argentina in December 2010, we flew from Chicago, via Washington to Argentina with United. We had both our cats with us in the cabin, of course in seperate carriers. The carriers had to be small of course because they had to fit 'under the seat in front of you'. At that time they had a policy of max. two small animals in cabin per flight and they had to travel with two different passengers so I had one cat and my husband the other. Don't know what United policy is now or whether this was only for flights exit-USA?

Reactions: Bv3
Bv3 said:
Are there any airlines that fly to the US which will allow you to take a cat in the main cabin with you instead of checking it as baggage?

Yes you can fly to USA and back on United. United Airlines does if the cat or in our case dog fits under the seat and can stand in her/his bag/cage. We have done the trip round trip 10 times with 2 dogs (one per person) and sadly now after 14 years we are travelling with only one now. We just flew back in April with her and are going again next month. I believe it is $125 each way. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/animals/default.aspx

Reactions: Bv3
Back