Leaving Eze With $10,000 - Advice

I left and came back a week ago they had a body scanner but were not using it ( it was just on the side and look like it had never been used. But if you travel with less then $10000 u have nothing to worry about. I enter with cash and I always use a money belt more for when Im out in the street in Arg then the airport.

Don't stress it. Half the people on your flight are carrying 10000

Yes, and the other half are carrying more than 10000. :) On my last flight to the US my seatmate happened to open his bag at his feet and there had to be $50K in there. When he realized he had accidentally flashed his money he reflexively looked up at me. I just smiled, put on my headset, and went to sleep.

Just put it in your jacket or in your backpack. No big deal.

No worries mon !

Relax , and let Jah be with you..............

my concern is what happens when you enter the other country and go through customs with that money....
10k or 50k?
what happens there. People are only talking about leaving or entering argentina. What happens at your destination?
Last time I went to the UK, there were lots of questions about the money I had with me .. money laundering questions...
money earned from selling property.. when I had a UK passport.

my concern is what happens when you enter the other country and go through customs with that money....
10k or 50k?
what happens there. People are only talking about leaving or entering argentina. What happens at your destination?
Last time I went to the UK, there were lots of questions about the money I had with me .. money laundering questions...
money earned from selling property.. when I had a UK passport.

I can't speak to entering the UK with that amount of cash. But you can enter the USA with up to 10K without declaring it. There should be no problem.

10K US is completely legal and you will have no problems at all. Even if you are asked about the money they can never take it away from you. I got stopped once in the uk, they wanted to know why I had the cash on me and I just said I was on vacation and within the legal 10 K limit. It was all totally fine, as long as you do not exceed your 10k limit you are perfectly within your rights to do as you wish with your own money.

I know 10k is the limit, but what do people do...just slip it in their wallets and be open about it?

If I had a money belt, I presume that would show up on the body scanner - what then? Would I get into a situation where I was having to count it. Let's just say I would feel vulnerable in the airport after that.

what do others do for this?

Wallet and shirt / pant pockets...
been there and i took slightly bigger amount too. Security felt my pockets and smiled :p

Generally I would say no worries, but on my way through Bolivia in the past I was there for only 2 days and had about $8k~ in small bills (large wads), when I got to customs in La Paz airport the guy opened my backpack and started taking out wads and didn't even look how much was there, instantly called security to take my checked luggage off the plane and brought me down to the runway. Cut my bag open in the pissing rain in front of the entire terminal and started rifling through all of my stuff, opened my tea bags and gravy from home in the rain and eventually let me go. On changing flights in Sucre when I got to customs they took out the same wads and the douche bag misread $250 on one envelope to be $2,500 and insisted I had more than $10k and made me count all of one the envelopes that didn't have an amount written on it which came to about $1,000. That was the edgiest flight and wait for boarding I've ever had as at least 20 people saw me count out the money. In Argentina they asked if I had money and I said yes and she said do you have any on you now, I just took out a wad and she smiled and said go on through she didn't even check my bag.

went through customs week ago,had some cash in a money belt customs spotted it and ask to look inside but he didn't bother to count it cause it was pesos.
had some US in me socks and pounds it luggage.In madrid they took me bottle of fernet but didnt pat down so no problem there and in UK just went through
nothing to declare and there wasn't any check.btw you can take up to 10k euros to UK which is over 12kusd at current rates.

went through customs week ago,had some cash in a money belt customs spotted it and ask to look inside but he didn't bother to count it cause it was pesos.
had some US in me socks and pounds it luggage.In madrid they took me bottle of fernet but didnt pat down so no problem there and in UK just went through
nothing to declare and there wasn't any check.btw you can take up to 10k euros to UK which is over 12kusd at current rates.

thought it was £10,000 in the UK?

EDIT: Just googled it and it changed in 2007

"Customs officers will only seize declared cash if they have reasonable grounds to suspect it is the proceeds of, or is intended for use in, illegal activities"

Back