Legal Translation

I just added the following to my previous post:

Helena Busto

Santa Fe 1600 (Recoleta)

4811-3844

Popper said:
I'm curious if anyone has a translator they would recommend. I found a translator who quoted me around 850 to translate my Birth Cert, FBI Criminal Records report and total passport (plus 40 pesos for each to be certified). I have no idea what a translator costs and wanted to get an idea if that's a decent price.

Thank you!

See my previous post, email him. I was quoted anywhere from $.16ARG to $.35ARG per word for translations. No one quoted by the job. You might be falling victim to take-advantage-of-the-foreigner.

cujodu said:
See my previous post, email him. I was quoted anywhere from $.16ARG to $.35ARG per word for translations. No one quoted by the job. You might be falling victim to take-advantage-of-the-foreigner.

Haha - it probably wouldn't be the first time, but my boss found this translator so I wasn't even involved. Regardless, thank you all for the suggestions, I'm going to get in contact with them!

I gave Ramiro a couple of translations that I needed for my work visa and he was superb - fast, professional, friendly and reasonably-priced. He did the translation as well as the certification that each one needed to have. Made the process very easy. I will definitely go to him the next time I need a translation.

cujodu said:
Ramiro Diaz - [email protected]
Does good work at very reasonable prices, we are having a ton of technical documents translated by him for an Australian visa. He does English-Spanish or Spanish-English, maybe others.

You may not need your passport translated if you're from the US as the page has french/spanish/english - I know a friend of mine didn't and argued successfully that it was already translated.

Passport????? I never had to have my passport translated for any reason or for any document including DNI, cedula, Driver Lis etc.
Is this something very new. The US passport is already bilingual.?????

If your passport already had the Spanish translation of course you don't have to have it translated. Some US passports do not included Spanish... Mine is one of them. I had to have it translated.

Helena Busto? She was my my translation professor last year in the university. She's great, though I don't know much she charges. The Colegio de Traductores Publicos sets the standard rate of what to charge. Check their on-line catalog for translators in your area and call as many as you can because you will get quite a range of prices. The only translation that's valid in Buenos Aires has to come from one of the translators from the Colegio de Traductores Publicos.

http://www.traductores.org.ar/nuevo_org/home/default/?id_ruta=1&nivel2=8&nivel3=175&id_nota=245

Back