Legality of repeated Western Union cash pickups?

Interesting. I will stop using my DNI then and use my passport from now on.

How do you know that you are blocked from WU?

i just tried to do another transfer, but the available money to send is zero “you cand send 0.00”. I didnt get a message or email from WU. Not sure whether this is temporary or permanent.

traditionally, i sent to myself ca 1000 usd (cash) and 2000 usd to my wife (bank account). Over the last 5-6 weeks i sent much more (ca 12k usd), mostly cash pick up. I might have overdone this …. The strange thing is: if i were to deposit cash in a WU location (and not from my European bank account), i still could do a transaction….
I know I am blocked at the moment because I got a text message and then when I went to pick up money the WU agent got an error code and was not able to allow me to pick up the money my mother had sent me. When I called them I was told I had to wait for them to contact me and was also given an email address to write to which I did write to. I just got off a 25 minute phone call that I answered from WU with lots of questions about who, what, where, when, why? And I was told they will have a resolution within 1- business days. All of this makes me think WU is no longer the way to go. I'd rather drive to Uruguay and take out cash or just go back to the US.

I know I am blocked at the moment because I got a text message and then when I went to pick up money the WU agent got an error code and was not able to allow me to pick up the money my mother had sent me. When I called them I was told I had to wait for them to contact me and was also given an email address to write to which I did write to. I just got off a 25 minute phone call that I answered from WU with lots of questions about who, what, where, when, why? And I was told they will have a resolution within 1- business days. All of this makes me think WU is no longer the way to go. I'd rather drive to Uruguay and take out cash or just go back to the US.
Open a moneygram account

Open a moneygram account
I'm (thankfully) not blocked from WU, but Moneygram has closed my account every time I've tried to create one for whatever reason, so if that doesn't work Delaluz26 it's not just you its happening to.

I'm (thankfully) not blocked from WU, but Moneygram has closed my account every time I've tried to create one for whatever reason, so if that doesn't work Delaluz26 it's not just you its happening to.
I have a moneygram account and use it to send money to my bank account (which I can only withdraw a very limited amount of pesos from) but unfortunately the three places listed on the moneygram website as cash pickup locations in Gualeguaychú have never even heard of moneygram apparently;)

Its KYC controls (Know your customer) which apply all over the world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer
see https://baexpats.org/threads/western-union-money-transfer.40976/post-421469

You could use digital currencies instead of Western Union.

You could use digital currencies instead of Western Union.
Excuse my ignorance here. I have no DNI here. How do I get my hands on peso here with a crypto transfer? So I would need to have an intermediary person (cueva, or whatever)?

Back