Legality of Pepper Spray in Argentina, Buenos Aries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequoia1321

Registered
What’s the legality of pepper spray in Argentina and Buenos Aries? Are there different laws in BA than other parts of Argentina? Does it matter the type of pepper spray and the chemicals in it? For example, this one?

Only those approved by ANMAC (ex RENAR) are legal and portable.

Thanks. That seems like a lot of regulation and ways to get into trouble with the law if not done properly. Sounds like the way to do it is to purchase it from a reputable dealer in BA, and then to register the weapon. I imagine a reputable dealer will also have some instructions about how to go about this.

Do you know if there are any additional restrictions, such as particular places where you’re not allowed to bring pepper spray? For example in Texas I believe they don’t allow it at least in court buildings, but I noticed they have signs before you enter that tell you what’s not allowed.

You do not need registration. The importer needs it.
But it is considered a weapong so, to buy an illegal one i alike to carry an illegal weapon.
To do not carry a weapon to a Court building is the obvious one.

You do not need registration. The importer needs it.
But it is considered a weapong so, to buy an illegal one i alike to carry an illegal weapon.
To do not carry a weapon to a Court building is the obvious one.

I that so? The Google translation of the link you posted says:

Article 5 of Decree 395/75 recognizes as weapons "the aggressive chemicals contained in sprinklers, dusters, gasifiers or similar, which only produce temporary effects on the human body, without causing loss of consciousness and in containers with the capacity to up to 500 cubic centimeters ".

In the same sense, it also includes "electronic weapons that only produce temporary effects on the human body and without actually causing loss of consciousness."

As such, and subject to these regulations, the two types of weapons must be registered by their owners with the Renar.

The law also establishes that manufacturers, importers and marketers of these elements must be authorized by Renar, a detail that Internet sites avoid.

Is that mistranslated?

I bought a few in security stores near the Federal Police Central, calle Moreno, and other stores like "armerias". Never had to use the spray yet.

I bought a few in security stores near the Federal Police Central, calle Moreno, and other stores like "armerias". Never had to use the spray yet.

Good to hear you haven’t had to use it. Same here. Never had to use one. It’s a good thing to have though. I keep one in my pocket here in Texas even though I have a license to carry a concealed handgun. But practically speaking I hardly ever carry a handgun because even the very small ones are kind of heavy, and because of all the laws and ways things can go wrong, it’s very easy to get in trouble with one. If I go into a post officce (federal property) and have a concealed handgun it’s illegal for example. Or if I shoot someone in self defense in the heat of a conflict and they determined it was too much force I would be in very big trouble as well. Pepper spray on the other hand is smaller and more light weight which can easily be carried in the pocket, and can give you a fighting chance against someone who might be twice your size, or even maybe if they have a gun. And if you make a mistake you shouldn’t get charged with something like murder. I like it, and glad it’s legal in Buenos Aries.

A wise man once told me to buy two instead of one of those. I never did.
The reason is that you better have one and try how it works, the type of spray and range, etc. When in desperate need is never the right opportunity to learn how to manipulate a weapon. Main reason why people are told not to own guns. Under stress... you make things worse.

Iz

Any reputable store for firearms sells OC spray. Buy a couple, test one (or all) and carry at will. Sabre is a great American brand and sold here. Very few things are reminiscent of Texas here, even the bad characters you may need to spray.

Any reputable store for firearms sells OC spray. Buy a couple, test one (or all) and carry at will. Sabre is a great American brand and sold here. Very few things are reminiscent of Texas here, even the bad characters you may need to spray.

They sell firearms in Argentina? I thought it was illegal or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back