Let's have a (TEA) Party

fred mertz

Registered
Last night, while watching the O'Reilly Factor (Cablevision channel 552), he read an email from a "K.P" on Buenos Aires. I'm sure that many Dumbe-
ocrats watch Fox News and I don't know K.P. However, now I feel that I'm not the only EEUU Conservative in BA. I'd love to meet others. Brits, need not apply. Come out of the closets, Conervatives.

Typical Tea Par-TAYER. Announces his arrival with an insult. Back into the closet with Ethel.

Johnny said:
Typical Tea Par-TAYER. Announces his arrival with an insult.

I, for one, did not note your arrival with anything more substantive.

And while I do not at all identify with the style of the OP (viz. "Dumbeocrats"), I certainly do not agree with the rest of the comments, which IMHO are not all that different in tone, nor factually right (viz. ridiculous comments like "Conservatives don't travel")

ben said:
...nor factually right (viz. ridiculous comments like "Conservatives don't travel")
Sure?

On anecdotal evidence (far from objective, I know) the people I meet who are of a more conservative leaning politically/socially have almost always travelled far less than those of a more liberal nature (I'll avoid using "democrat" as that is merely a particular localised political party). I've always been of the belief if more people travelled there'd be far less social issues, and far more acceptance of others within all communities.

You don't have to agree with my observation, but I think it's far from "ridiculous".

Oh, and I include some of my good friends back home in Australia as "less travelled conservatives", so it's hardly an insult.

(plus, you did miss my smiley, it was a little tongue in cheek precisely because I can't back it up with objective evidence ;) )

fred mertz said:
Last night, while watching the O'Reilly Factor (Cablevision channel 552), he read an email from a "K.P" on Buenos Aires. I'm sure that many Dumbe-
ocrats watch Fox News and I don't know K.P. However, now I feel that I'm not the only EEUU Conservative in BA. I'd love to meet others. Brits, need not apply. Come out of the closets, Conervatives.

Are you saying that you want people to come over and teabag you?

deeve007 said:
Sure?

On anecdotal evidence (far from objective, I know) the people I meet who are of a more conservative leaning politically/socially have almost always travelled far less than those of a more liberal nature (I'll avoid using "democrat" as that is merely a particular localised political party). I've always been of the belief if more people travelled there'd be far less social issues, and far more acceptance of others within all communities.

You don't have to agree with my observation, but I think it's far from "ridiculous".

Oh, and I include some of my good friends back home in Australia as "less travelled conservatives", so it's hardly an insult.

(plus, you did miss my smiley, it was a little tongue in cheek precisely because I can't back it up with objective evidence ;) )

To start with the last point, yes I failed to acknowledge the smiley. I do understand that you were not stating your point as objective scientific fact, and am prepared to plead guilty to overreacting. In my defense, the thread by and large - with your comment probably the biggest exception - was/is hardly an example of the acceptance that you say comes with travel.

To the substance of conservatives travelling less, or further "far less" (even that sounds more nuanced than "don't travel"), it isn't something I've seen a shred of evidence for, but who knows. As well, could one's political leanings affect or impact where a person travels to? - again, no idea. FWIW, I would not be called anything close to liberal on most issues, and I've spent at least a year of my life in 5 countries on 4 continents, and know many others who could be so described.

Back