Life in Rosario vs BA

Would a wealthy foreigner likely be targeted by the mafia there? For extortion, kidnapping, whatever..?
Not sure if you could be a target or not, I thought you were moving to Buenos Aires. Go to some of the major Argentina news sites, and search Rosario, to get a better view.

Not sure if you could be a target or not, I thought you were moving to Buenos Aires. Go to some of the major Argentina news sites, and search Rosario, to get a better view.[/QUOTE

Why Rosario? Are you going to work there. If I had to choose a city for the summer months Bariloche is superb. There is a lot to do and the province of Rio Negro is stunning. Santa Fe has no real natural beauty .

Man... this topic...

People used to tell us don't go to mendoza! They'll stab you! It's dangerous! We went and it was beautiful. We've been to Rosario, it's a place like Miami, Dallas, etc. You need to know where not to go. Don't buy drugs, women, etc and you're very likely to get on fine.

Culturally, Argentines over dramatize this topic. Watch the wedding scene in a famous Argentine film called Relatos Salvajes where they make fun of how people can be so dramatic on the topic of safety in Argentina. Overall, it's a civilized country and probably the safest you'll find in Latin America. My wife and I live in Mexico right now, and trust me when I tell you, Argentina is NOWHERE NEAR the level of mafia and cartels you'll find here. The two don't even remotely compare. Argentina doesn't have the gutter culture you'll find here that facilitates that.

Man... this topic...

People used to tell us don't go to mendoza! They'll stab you! It's dangerous! We went and it was beautiful. We've been to Rosario, it's a place like Miami, Dallas, etc. You need to know where not to go. Don't buy drugs, women, etc and you're very likely to get on fine.

Culturally, Argentines over dramatize this topic. Watch the wedding scene in a famous Argentine film called Relatos Salvajes where they make fun of how people can be so dramatic on the topic of safety in Argentina. Overall, it's a civilized country and probably the safest you'll find in Latin America. My wife and I live in Mexico right now, and trust me when I tell you, Argentina is NOWHERE NEAR the level of mafia and cartels you'll find here. The two don't even remotely compare. Argentina doesn't have the gutter culture you'll find here that facilitates that.

That was my question when I first read this thread, is all, or most of Rosario, dangerous? A couple of years ago I met a couple from Rosario and ask them if it was really dangerous living there? They said no, not unless you lived in or went to certain areas. Now, that was a couple of years ago; things may have changed. I wish someone living there would respond.

That was my question when I first read this thread, is all, or most of Rosario, dangerous? A couple of years ago I met a couple from Rosario and ask them if it was really dangerous living there? They said no, not unless you lived in or went to certain areas. Now, that was a couple of years ago; things may have changed. I wish someone living there would respond.

Not dangerous. Simply, boring.

Man... this topic...

Gutter culture?

Not sure if you could be a target or not, I thought you were moving to Buenos Aires. Go to some of the major Argentina news sites, and search Rosario, to get a better view.
Ah well I'm definitely not wealthy, it was just a general question.

Gutter culture?

Uncivilized ghetto culture. When mothers sell their daughters off to pedophiles by age 15. When sons get their first broken nose by dad at 10 or 15, by 20 or 25 psycho killers. Big parts of the population in Latin America are like this, Argentina no, well no more than Europe or US.

Uncivilized ghetto culture. When mothers sell their daughters off to pedophiles by age 15. When sons get their first broken nose by dad at 10 or 15, by 20 or 25 psycho killers. Big parts of the population in Latin America are like this, Argentina no, well no more than Europe or US.

Sorrry I do not see this culture in Peru. Chile. Paraguay or Bolivia which is half of South America

Back