Like The "deme Dos" Days

Not everything made in China is cheap and low quality. Ill bet the majority of components in a Mercedes Benz are made in China. I own Dewalt, Milwaukee and Makita powertools-all good stuff-made in China.
The manufactures have different products and grades for companies who place the orders. When a customer's bid is too low, that's when they apply the lead paint on children's toys.Most Americans companies order their products in China and they have a better price and QC team(people who make a living checking on the qualities). While the Argentine companies usually have 1 guy in Southern China, trying to get things made as cheap as possible. Most of the things sold on Santa Fe are custom made products ordered by small Argentina companies, the quality is bad because they do not want to pay. It's the Argentine companies who cut the corners first. Chinese companies want every business, if your bid is low, they just offer craps.

To your point CityGirl, calling Wegmans a "very nice supermarket chain" would be an understatement. It's more like an orgasmic supermarket experience. I took my Argie wife to Wegmans over the holidays. She said if we ever separated she wouldn't mourn the loss, because she would still have Wegmans. hahahaha

It's true. I grew up with Wegmans. Every time I go back to see my parents, I usually just wander around in there for a while with my mouth agape. It is akin to a religious experience.

Back