Linea 8 To Ezeiza

t0bi

Registered
Hey there,

does anybody know or can assume how long the 8 takes from ~Independencia/Paseo Colon until Ezeiza? Will I be fine when I take it around 2 hours earlier or does it take longer?
Also, my landlord told me I should be aware because these are not the nicest barrios the collectivo passes - has someone experience with this? Usually I feel pretty safe in the Collectivos, but I'm always only roaming around and in the Center.. Will be this evening... at the moment I'm thinking about taking the bus ~18:00 to get there around 20:00.

Would appreciate any comments on this!

Thanks and cu,

Tobi

Id take it a bit earlier, it can be 2 hours, but it could also be 3.

Thanks! Ya I just simply went to the bus station, waited for one of the busses to come and asked the driver. He also said 2- 2 1/2 hours and that more or less every 30 minutes a bus should come. So I will go a bit earlier and then see how long it takes.

OK took the Bus now. Since I coudn't find a description like this in the web I will just write it on my own for whoever it may concern now:
Duration was around 2:15 from Paseo Colon/Av.San Juan until the last stop inside the Airport close to Terminal B. This was without any traffic jam or longer stops, so as mentioned before schedule some more time when you want to make sure you're not late. The trip was safe, but definitely something different than the usual Collectivo ride through the City Center. After we left the town we were passing some Barrios where I was happy not to be dropped out at. Instead of staying on the Autopista when he left Rivadavia around Liniers Station, the Bus drives half of the time next to it to collect the people living in the barrios close to it. Lot's of provisional football playgrounds and some burned out cars or burning garbage from time to time. A really different world.. I just sat in front next to the driver so I wasn't worrying too much. Don't wonder when from time to time he drives in circles to get on and off the Autopista or main roads to collect the people, he will end up on the road to Ezeiza again.
Important is to check whether the little sign in the windshield says Aeropuerto as well, since only ~1/3 of the 8's go to Ezeiza. Just do it as usual and announce where you're going just to make sure he won't drop you in one of the ... äh ... shubby places. Trust me, you don't want this, at least I didn't. Price was something between 2,50 and 3ar$ with SUBE, so without I guess it'lll be something around 5ar$ - as usual only payable in coins, so start to collect ;-)
All in all it was a great ride and I saw places of Buenos Aires I've never seen before (and actually am happy that I didn't, but it's worth to just pass by...if you know what I mean). Try to hop on early to get a place to sit. I was happy to have one. Especially along Rivadavia the Bus was extremly crowded and a place at the window worth a lot. And in the night...take a remise ;-)
Have a good ride!

I've made that trip to Ezeiza several times on the number 8. It's not so bad. Once I was in Flores and took the # 85 to Caballito and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up on the bus near the Quilmes beer factory at night! I panicked, being a 27 year old female at the time, and was too scared to even talk to the bus driver as everyone would hear my accent and know I was a foreigner. There are some nasty villas around that area. I just stayed on the bus for another hour and a half until it headed back to Capital.

OK took the Bus now. Since I coudn't find a description like this in the web I will just write it on my own for whoever it may concern now:
Duration was around 2:15 from Paseo Colon/Av.San Juan until the last stop inside the Airport close to Terminal B. This was without any traffic jam or longer stops, so as mentioned before schedule some more time when you want to make sure you're not late. The trip was safe, but definitely something different than the usual Collectivo ride through the City Center. After we left the town we were passing some Barrios where I was happy not to be dropped out at. Instead of staying on the Autopista when he left Rivadavia around Liniers Station, the Bus drives half of the time next to it to collect the people living in the barrios close to it. Lot's of provisional football playgrounds and some burned out cars or burning garbage from time to time. A really different world.. I just sat in front next to the driver so I wasn't worrying too much. Don't wonder when from time to time he drives in circles to get on and off the Autopista or main roads to collect the people, he will end up on the road to Ezeiza again.
Important is to check whether the little sign in the windshield says Aeropuerto as well, since only ~1/3 of the 8's go to Ezeiza. Just do it as usual and announce where you're going just to make sure he won't drop you in one of the ... äh ... shubby places. Trust me, you don't want this, at least I didn't. Price was something between 2,50 and 3ar$ with SUBE, so without I guess it'lll be something around 5ar$ - as usual only payable in coins, so start to collect ;-)
All in all it was a great ride and I saw places of Buenos Aires I've never seen before (and actually am happy that I didn't, but it's worth to just pass by...if you know what I mean). Try to hop on early to get a place to sit. I was happy to have one. Especially along Rivadavia the Bus was extremly crowded and a place at the window worth a lot. And in the night...take a remise ;-)
Have a good ride!
I have always wondered what it would be like to go to the airport by colectivo. So, it was a pleasure reading your little report. I have just checked out the official route of that line on Omnilineas and I suppose you have passed through a certain part of La Matanza where I have also been to a couple of times, to visit friends. I took a cab anyway but that does not make certain parts of the area less frightening. However, it is quite intriguing to understand these parts of the greater city a bit better, right? I suppose curiosity is the reason why you chose this option. Were you actually supposed to catch a flight or not? Or did you pick someone up?

Thank you to t0bi for posting your experience!

I took the 8 to EZE and it was about 1 hr 45 minutes from Boedo at Rivadavia. My experience was pleasant, I just had to wait a little longer than expected for right colectivo (thanks for the advice about making sure the airport was one of the destinations). Although the barrios along the way weren't fancy, I never felt unsafe. I was riding alone to meet someone at the airport, and I'm thankful I didn't spend money on the taxi to get there.

Thanks again!

The number 8 isn't terrible, but its not something i would like to do regularly.

It's crazy they don't have an express shuttle bus or train going to Eze.

The number 8 isn't terrible, but its not something i would like to do regularly.

It's crazy they don't have an express shuttle bus or train going to Eze.
I love the metro system out here. Honestly, I didn't know there was even a single metro in the world that could take you directly to an airport in twenty minutes.

Yogur Griego, you would like the London Underground, it will take you to Heathrow airport (or back) on the Picadilly line, in about 40 minutes. Then you have the Gatwick Express train for Gatwick airport. Feeling homesick...

Back