Liposuction in BA

arockwell11

Registered
Any recommendations for clinics or doctors in BA?

Any experiences good or bad?

My girlfriend is interested in this while we're there in February/March.

Thanks

That's a dangerous and temporal solution to her problems. What she needs to do is to learn how to control her cravings and eat less. Acupuncture works well for suppressing hunger. She should also exercise regularly to burn off the fat.

AdrianaY said:
Liposuction is for woman and men lazy to exercise and having very little sex . I have seen some woman greatly damaged by liposuction as well as facelifts that make them look like the bride of frankestein. Do not even talk to me about those boob jobs that seem to now getting very popular in the capital federal.

now?!?!?!? its been popular for years!!!!!! in capital.

arockwell11 said:
Any recommendations for clinics or doctors in BA?

Any experiences good or bad?

My girlfriend is interested in this while we're there in February/March.

Thanks

This forum is getting absolutely ridiculous, no one seems to be able to ask a question withou getting jumped on by a bunch of idiots (Orwellian being idiot #1)

There are no cures for cellulite beyond liposuction (especially nothing that comes in herb or cream form)

If someone wants liposuction, go for it. What does it matter to you?

My mum and aunt got cosmetic surgery here a couple of years ago (eyes, facelifts, chemical peels etc.) They looked like pandas for two weeks and we couldn't even stand seeing them! My aunt also got her varicous veins done and is thrilled with the results. Both of them had a great experience and I know they would recommend their doctors.

They went to Centro Barrancas in Belgrano -- http://www.estetica-belleza.com/ . I think their doctors we're the dad and the son, as well as Irina for the peels. The doctors all speak english, all have training from the States, the waiting room is full of foreigners, they have their own recovery facilities, they have their own anaesthetists etc etc. I've been there for laser hair removal only, but I can say that the facility is great and the doctors very good at attending to you.

syngirl said:
This forum is getting absolutely ridiculous, no one seems to be able to ask a question withou getting jumped on by a bunch of idiots (Orwellian being idiot #1)

If I am idiot #1 on this forum to you I must be doing something right.

And giving sensible alternative advise is not jumping at anyone. Who knows, I might even save her life.

syngirl said:
There are no cures for cellulite beyond liposuction (especially nothing that comes in herb or cream form)

"Basically, the effect of age and our hormones on our connective tissues, combined with the accumulation of fat in the upper layers of the skin, create the dimpled effect of cellulite. The tightening of the connective tissue, its loss of elasticity, and the accumulation of excess fluid and metabolites, all contribute to the effect of cellulite. Liposuction will not address these problems.

Additionally, liposuction for cellulite is not an effective option because liposuction usually removes fat from a deeper layer of the skin than where cellulite occurs. Cellulite is stored close to the surface of the skin. Whilst the removal of fat from the deeper layers of the skin may have a good contouring effect for some people, for others it may actually make their cellulite look worse."

http://www.managecellulite.com/cellulite-and-liposuction.html

A friend of mine had liposuction, and hasn't been able to wear anything but long pants since. She may or may not have cellulite in her thighs and buttocks - it is impossible to tell, with all the bumps and ridges left by the lipo. By the way, she's the wife of a reputable allergist in Washington, D.C., and had the procedure done in a top hospital.

Still, if you are willing to forego swim suits forever, liposuction will make you look much thinner. It's a personal choice.

It's called free will people. If someone wants to do something that doesn't hurt anyone else, let them do it.

Reactions: jp
orwellian said:
That's a dangerous and temporal solution to her problems. What she needs to do is to learn how to control her cravings and eat less. Acupuncture works well for suppressing hunger. She should also exercise regularly to burn off the fat.

Sorry, but cellulite is part of the aging process, as tissues lose elasticity. Both my fat AND rail-thin friends have it somewhere in their thighs or buttocks. I sure hope it was just a matter of eating less.

arty said:
It's called free will people. If someone wants to do something that doesn't hurt anyone else, let them do it.

Yes of course, but it doesn't hurt pointing out the risks. Maybe the girl hasn't thought it through very well.

orwellian said:
"Basically, the effect of age and our hormones on our connective tissues, combined with the accumulation of fat in the upper layers of the skin, create the dimpled effect of cellulite. The tightening of the connective tissue, its loss of elasticity, and the accumulation of excess fluid and metabolites, all contribute to the effect of cellulite. Liposuction will not address these problems.

Additionally, liposuction for cellulite is not an effective option because liposuction usually removes fat from a deeper layer of the skin than where cellulite occurs. Cellulite is stored close to the surface of the skin. Whilst the removal of fat from the deeper layers of the skin may have a good contouring effect for some people, for others it may actually make their cellulite look worse."

http://www.managecellulite.com/cellulite-and-liposuction.html

Thanks for using a dubious source to support your argument (A site that it is selling its own product that competes against liposuction). Sorry but really the only way to get rid of cellulite is through liposuction.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Expat Life 1
M Women's Forum 12
Back