Liposuction in BA

Google's great.

Just type in whatever half baked ideas you have, and bingo! Google validates them.

arockwell11 said:
Any recommendations for clinics or doctors in BA?

Any experiences good or bad?

My girlfriend is interested in this while we're there in February/March.

Thanks

This guy asked for Experiences, not Opinions.

Most of the comments so far have been random opinions, with the exception of a couple (sarasara I think) that were actual experiences of liposuction.

This forum is becoming more and more useless.

orwellian said:
Yes of course, but it doesn't hurt pointing out the risks. Maybe the girl hasn't thought it through very well.

people who do these types of procedures don't just do them on a whim. you need to get off that high horse once in a while. just b/c you think it's wrong doesn't give you the right to preach.

and the people I know here who have gotten lipo have been very happy with it. If anything you should be happy she is coming to the plastic surgery center of the world instead of getting a hack job down in mexico.

TheJag said:
Thanks for using a dubious source to support your argument (A site that it is selling its own product that competes against liposuction). Sorry but really the only way to get rid of cellulite is through liposuction.

Ok you're right, that is a bias site. That doesn't necessarily make it wrong though. How about this one that say pretty much the same thing:

"Liposuction is also not a recommended treatment. This technique of extracting fat by vacuuming it from under the skin is not effective for cellulite. In fact, liposuction may worsen the appearance of the skin by sucking out the cushion of fat that resides just under the skin. The result is additional dimpling of the skin."

They also state what I have been saying all along:

"In summary, eating a healthy diet and keeping muscles toned by regular exercise seem like reasonable approaches to keeping the body as taut and smooth as it can be. Patients should be very cautious before trying out surgical procedures, dietary supplements, or elaborate techniques of unproven value."

http://www.medicinenet.com/cellulite/page2.htm

Do you believe me now?

jp said:
Google's great.

Just type in whatever half baked ideas you have, and bingo! Google validates them.

That is true, although I did not do that. I simply used the keywords "cellulites" and "liposuction" and all of the hits on the first page come to the same conclusion; liposuction is not a good way to get rid of cellulites.

arty said:
people who do these types of procedures don't just do them on a whim. you need to get off that high horse once in a while. just b/c you think it's wrong doesn't give you the right to preach.

I've read several horror stories about people that have gotten their lives destroyed with plastic surgery. And I am not preaching about anything. I am merely pointing out the risks and how pointless it is to get rid of cellulites by using liposuction. And people do things on a whim all the time, liposuction is no different.

If someone had started a thread about committing suicide, would you also have said that it's their "free will" and "let them do it"? I know that you might not think that is a good comparison but several people have committed suicide after plastic surgeries that went wrong.

I dont know about liposuction, but i´ve seen wonders get done with a gastric bypass. But it involves a higher level of compromise and its probably more expensive.

I have to agree with Orwellian on this one . Liposuction in general does not work and causes more pain that results. Two of my friends have had this done and they were in extruciating pain for a few weeks for the net loss of a 5 kilos and both regained the weight quickly.
You want to lose weight why not walk or dance or take up a sport . If you can sacrifice a month of your life for liposuction you can sacrifice an hour a day to lose weight in a natural way and the health benefits are not just the weight coming off .

pericles said:
I have to agree with Orwellian on this one . Liposuction in general does not work and causes more pain that results. Two of my friends have had this done and they were in extruciating pain for a few weeks for the net loss of a 5 kilos and both regained the weight quickly.
You want to lose weight why not walk or dance or take up a sport . If you can sacrifice a month of your life for liposuction you can sacrifice an hour a day to lose weight in a natural way and the health benefits are not just the weight coming off .

I agree with you for general weight loss purposes liposuction should not be considered, but there are instances when someone is living a Healthy lifestyle, and the body fat was not lost in areas that caused serious body issues with the patient.

Liposuction combined with a healthy lifestyle can actually benefit people greatly with serious body issues.

But In general since liposuction is a surgical procedure, it should be looked at in terms of over-all health of the patient. And it should not be a quick fix solution.

To jump on the op for asking about the procedure is utter nonsense when we do not know any of her lifestyle choices or medical history. Or even why and for what reason she wants this surgery.

TheJag said:
I agree with you for general weight loss purposes liposuction should not be considered, but there are instances when someone is living a Healthy lifestyle, and the body fat was not lost in areas that caused serious body issues with the patient.

Liposuction combined with a healthy lifestyle can actually benefit people greatly with serious body issues.

But In general since liposuction is a surgical procedure, it should be looked at in terms of over-all health of the patient. And it should not be a quick fix solution.

To jump on the op for asking about the procedure is utter nonsense when we do not know any of her lifestyle choices or medical history. Or even why and for what reason she wants this surgery.

I didn't know that, interesting. But still, most people do it irresponsibly and chances are high that the OP's gf is one of them. Isn't the most sensible thing to point that out so the OP's gf doesn't make the same mistake? How is that jumping on anyone?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Expat Life 1
M Women's Forum 12
Back