Liposuction in BA

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that with all the advances in medicine and with liposuction and stomach stapling etc etc that people are fatter than ever. The obesity of the world is at epidemic proportions and still we are believing that a quick fix will solve our problems .

Eat less cut your portions of food by half and eat mainly natural foods without processing do exercise and you will lose weight without surgery. Change your habits for life and the weight will not creep back on. I am not being condenscending as I have been fat and close to obese at times in my life and always it was my own fault . I ate too much and also ate the wrong foods and the only exercise I did was walk to the bathroom . Three times I lost 25 kilos in 6 months just by exercising and eating well , thats all it takes and no rocket science needs to be applied.

Do not believe that genetics makes you fat and then eat a huge slice of apple cake with dulce de leche on the side . What makes you fat are calories combined with output simple and surgery is a bandaid solution that will never cure the problem.

Thank you for your input. All of it has merit. I'm not in favor of liposuction either, but I do want references in case she really wants to talk to someone about this. The thought of sticking a vacuum cleaner inside me doesn't make me very happy.

I agree, diet and exercise usually thumps everything else. I have been working out 1- 3 hours per day for 30 years and understand the relationship between food, exercise, and fat/body weight. I have the fortunate/unfortunate situation where if I weight less than 200 pounds, I look like I just escaped from a prison camp.

I think if people wanted to know the risks associated with Liposuction and other surgeries, then another thread what have been created addressing the risks associated with Surgery. Not where to find a reputable doctor. jerks

Liposuction is OK if done properly. Try to find out if you can have it done at Hospital Aleman; they have great doctors my husban just had a quadruple bypass there because we could not get insurance in the US due to some unrelated pre-existing conditions, so we flew here for a check up and his condition was far worse than expected. Do your homework when it comes to medical experience in any country. Good luck with your lipo, but remember it is not a weight lose method it is just for those nasty unforgiving spots.

pericles said:
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that with all the advances in medicine and with liposuction and stomach stapling etc etc that people are fatter than ever. The obesity of the world is at epidemic proportions and still we are believing that a quick fix will solve our problems .

Eat less cut your portions of food by half and eat mainly natural foods without processing do exercise and you will lose weight without surgery. Change your habits for life and the weight will not creep back on. I am not being condenscending as I have been fat and close to obese at times in my life and always it was my own fault . I ate too much and also ate the wrong foods and the only exercise I did was walk to the bathroom . Three times I lost 25 kilos in 6 months just by exercising and eating well , thats all it takes and no rocket science needs to be applied.

Do not believe that genetics makes you fat and then eat a huge slice of apple cake with dulce de leche on the side . What makes you fat are calories combined with output simple and surgery is a bandaid solution that will never cure the problem.

Pericles
you must be a man. a skinny woman can still have cellulite and if she does her homework she can have it done in a safe place by an experience surgeon. Yes it is not a weight lose short cut and yes a good diet and smaller protions is the answer to losing weight, but cellulite no way of course it still should be done together with a lot of walking 5 or 6 das a week and no saturated fats no trans fats. Read the labes, need a magnifying glass in Argentina and no facturas or dulce de leche SUR, which does not contain any of the bad fats.

Liposuction is not a recommended treatment. This technique of extracting fat by vacuuming under the skin is not effective for cellulite. In fact, liposuction may worsen the appearance of the skin by drawing the cushion of fat that lies just under the skin. The result is additional dimpling of the skin.

Lipo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Expat Life 1
M Women's Forum 12
Back