living cost for one person in BA?

Yeah I actually paid cash here when I came down with pneumonia. Even with xrays and meds, it was FAAAAAAAAAR cheaper than what my co-pay is in the US, and I have what most would consider to excellent insurance in the US. It might have been $50 in total for 3 doctors visits including labs and xrays and one ER visit. And the doc even was like, hey if the prices are getting annoying just come see me at the public hospital. little does he know...

There are people in the US with great health insurance who end up shelling out $$$ for emergency service despite going to an in-network hospital because the surgeon that day happens to not be in-network.

Everything about healthcare in the US is broken except that it is very high quality usually!

is not it the commission illegal?

There has been arguments back and forth about this issue or whom should pay the Commission and how many months should the commision be 1 or 1,5 . Some Realtors insist on collecting the commision, legal? no one cares , You can sue before you rent? On Temporary furnished Rentals Commissions do apply? Confusing ?

Recent Court judgement declares that tenants should pay rental commission of 4.5% in 2 year contracts. ?

I have Medicus, the top plan. I was paying approx. 5000p, and when I turned 70 in June it went up to 9000p.

My friend is 84, has Swiss Medical and pays 16,0000p mas or menos and he has had that policy for approx. 10 years.

My husband has VA in the states, nothing here, pays cash when seeing his docs, the prices are VERY reasonable.
N

Thank you for the info, everyone. Maybe there is a way to do this, he's not in horrible health aside from the usual 82-year-old issues, and he wants to be able to spend his final years among family in his home country. Dying in an American nursing home is just not an option I'm willing to consider for him ever, assuming we'd even be able to afford it in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got another 10 more years in him and between his social security and my income we could swing it.

Thank you for the info, everyone. Maybe there is a way to do this, he's not in horrible health aside from the usual 82-year-old issues, and he wants to be able to spend his final years among family in his home country. Dying in an American nursing home is just not an option I'm willing to consider for him ever, assuming we'd even be able to afford it in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got another 10 more years in him and between his social security and my income we could swing it.

The prices above are really low so I am surprised they exist because I have been paying a great deal more. I doubt that you can get an 82 year iold enrolled in any plan but you can try. Who will care for him? Will you live with him in Argentina? You can always rely on public hospitals for an emergency.

As for nursing homes in the US, if he has exhausted his resources he can go on Medicaid and his nursing home fees will be 100% covered. You should talk to an elder care lawyer in the US but only an elder care lawyer who knows the system and the law.

I doubt that you can get an 82 year iold enrolled in any plan but you can try.

this is probably true.

Who will care for him?
An this is also true. Relatives will be away all day at work.

I would say that Argentina is country for young and healthy, adventurous people. And if you would like to live well add to it - reach, because everything is quite expensive and even more expensive every day with this inflation rate. At the same time quality of the food (apart from vine and meat, everything else is rubbish) and medicine (yes even private) is low. Above been told that you can rely on a public hospital just in case - you probably can, if they do not have a strike, which is often.

I would recommend going to Europe, prices are more reasonable. Among Europe Switzerland has best gerontology, I doubt such things exist in Argentina.Yes it is insurance type of medicine but not like in the US, where you pay and get nothing in return, you get real coverage and get real 10 years. I`d hate to say it but 10 years in Argentina is optimistic.

Also above been said that you can spend 4000 in Argentina - this is insane, why you would buy life in Argentina for that money? Go Europe and buy real quality.

Come with us, we have big house, many kids, working from home, you can never earn all the money in the world, better spend it on impressions and diverse gastronomy of many countries around.

Argentina is stable in its crisis, I suppose if you are 80+ you need only stable, but not crisis.

These answers are very negative and my answer has a totally different opinion. But, I am a 1 finger typist, so if you want to hear what I have to say contact me and we can talk.
Nancy

These answers are very negative and my answer has a totally different opinion. But, I am a 1 finger typist, so if you want to hear what I have to say contact me and we can talk.
Nancy

You may be right but the person wants to return to his homeland, Argentina not Switzerland. If he returns to Argentina in his 80s and gives up his Medicare and all that the US has to offer in the way of gerontology, he has to deal with the system here. I very much doubt that any prepago will insure him but he can try. I'd suggest that he come here with a good travelers health insurance policy purchased before leaving the US. Then when here the son can make the rounds trying to find a prepago that will cover him for a price the son can afford. I was paying around U$S 300 a month (under age 65) and was told by my prepago that after 66 I would pay about 3 x more if I didn't have 10 + years in the prepago. The person above said that they pay a lot less at age 70 so I don't know what to say. I only know my experience. You will find out when you do the checking in person. But I URGE you to come here with comprehensive traveller's health insurance so that while you are doing your research you are not hit with a crisis. You will only know for sure after you have gone to the prepago and signed the papers and after you get the first bill (what they tell you may be different from what they actually bill you -- I know from experience). Only when you have been here for months and have received several bills can you be relatively sure what your status is. It also depends on what extent of care you expect. Do not make any rash decisions based on the opinions of expats who do not have hard facts. Find out for yourself which you can only do by spending some months here with your father.

Why are you making the assumption that this person is giving up his Medicare insurance?

Why are you making the assumption that this person is giving up his Medicare insurance?

Though "this person" will still be covered by Medicare insurance in the USA, no medical procedures performed outside the USA will be paid for by Medicare. In other words, if you move, you lose.

You will find out when you do the checking in person. But I URGE you to come here with comprehensive traveller's health insurance so that while you are doing your research you are not hit with a crisis.

This is an excellent suggestion. Aren't there strong limitations on even the most "comprehensive" traveler's insurance policies? I don't think long term treatment for a major illness would be included. Emergency care would certainly be covered and I believe a life flight return to the home country is a feature of the best plans.

Back