Living Cost Of A Family Of 4 In Bsas

I don't know about you, but I have yet to see a useful/realistic post by Ceviche.

Yes..so sad know??

--

But on the positive side..at least, I am not try to post from a new account like you Mr Joe.

So you open a new account a month ago and you are aware of the complete posting history of all the members for past several years.

--

And can you please post the links of all your "extremely useful and helpful posts" other than reprimanding people regarding US and UK immigration procedures.

I guess the real question here is Ceviche, if a person earns 35,000 pesos per month (for example), why can't they have a decent life? What barriers are placed from the 35,000 pesos earner to the 46,500 (the decent life cut off it seems) to stop them having a good life?

I am basically talking in terms of 3000 usd considering value of pesos changes on a daily basis!

I have seen lifestyle/apartment building/money on hand to spend.. of some people who live in 2000 usd or 1500 usd or 800 usd a month in CABA. No disrespect meant. But I would rather go back and live somewhere else than have that sort of lifestyle in BA which is avbl for 1000/1500 or 800 usd/month

I am basically talking in terms of 3000 usd considering value of pesos changes on a daily basis!

I have seen lifestyle/apartment building/money on hand to spend.. of some people who live in 2000 usd or 1500 usd or 800 usd a month in CABA. No disrespect meant. But I would rather go back and live somewhere else than have that sort of lifestyle in BA which is avbl for 1000/1500 or 800 usd/month
It all depends on where you're at in life, and how you define necessities and/or luxuries. I retired early and live on $1,000 a month in Recoleta. My place is small but modern and clean. I do all my own cooking because it's so much better than restaurants! The only thing I lack money for is travel, which I'm working on.

So what about cost of living for a single person? Assuming a one-bedroom apartment (not necessary to be downtown, not fancy but not a hovel either), no car, no children? Willing to cook for myself but would be nice to hit the pizzeria or parilla every once in a while?

What kind of "start-up" costs exist to get set up in an apartment, for example? In the US we have the security deposit/last month's rent, what's the BsAs equivalent?

What kind of "start-up" costs exist to get set up in an apartment, for example? In the US we have the security deposit/last month's rent, what's the BsAs equivalent?

Foreigners without guarantees or big chunks of cash usually rent short term (three to six months) furnished apartments aka "temporary" rentals. If I understand correctly, there is no such thing as a one year lease.

The BA equivalent (for a two year lease) entails getting a "guarantee" which, in most cases, means using another property as collateral or paying six to twelve months rent in advance. The latter is less likely now more than ever.

Long term (two year) rentals usually include the stove and hot water heater, but do not usually include the refrigerator, air conditioner(s), curtains, and light fixtures.

Foreigners without guarantees or big chunks of cash usually rent short term (three to six months) furnished apartments aka "temporary" rentals. If I understand correctly, there is no such thing as a one year lease.

The BA equivalent (for a two year lease) entails getting a "guarantee" which, in most cases, means using another property as collateral or paying six to twelve months rent in advance. The latter is less likely now more than ever.

Long term (two year) rentals usually include the stove and hot water heater, but do not usually include the refrigerator, air conditioner(s), curtains, and light fixtures.
What's the consequence if you rent a furnished flat for 2 years, as a landlord or a tenant ?
As I understand, many expats tenants entered a lease with landlord for a furnished apartment. If the landlord and tenant trust each other.

What's the consequence if you rent a furnished flat for 2 years, as a landlord or a tenant ?
As I understand, many expats tenants entered a lease with landlord for a furnished apartment. If the landlord and tenant trust each other.

It would be interesting to know how "many" expats have been able to rent a furnished apartment with a long term (two year) lease based on trust rather than a guarantee or at least six months rent paid in advance.

If a landlord is willing to rent a furnished property for two years without a guarantee or a significant amount of money up front they certainly can do so. I don't think there's any law against it.

I believe that if the tenant is allowed to stay more than six months the lease automatically becomes a long term (2 year) lease and it could become more difficult for the landlord to regain possession of the property if the tenant doesn't pay.

Most long term leases have price increases included in the contract. Most of them used to be at the one year mark but I think six month increases are now much more common, and three month increases are just beginning to happen.

As of now 6-month leases are the maximum allowed for "short-term" leases. The next step is 2-year which typically requires a guarantia (deed of another property - usually in CABA, used as security).

Back