Living in a house in Capital Federal

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious about how the building intruded in your privacy. And why you dislike its security.
I could give a answer to that. But some members here may get offended with my answer and I want to be in harmony. My issue has implications with CONVID -19.

For this thread, I do not want to deviate from my original query.

I second Belgrano R. We lived there and loved it. We were in a building (with decent security) but originally wanted a house, but people stay in that area forever and we couldn’t find one to rent. I always felt safe there, no matter the time of day. The area around Avenida Melian is beautiful with lots of houses. It is very pricey, but not as much as Barrio Parque.

Houses in Barrio Parque run into tens of millions, and there are not many with gardens left. Only Embassies and zillionaries can afford them

Last edited:
Either, But I believe, it would be prudent to rent first to get a feel of it and wait for profitable opportunity to buy.
My extended family lives in homes located in Nuñez, Martinez, San Isidro and Olivos. I consider the part of Nuñez where you find blocks and blocks of nothing but single and 2-story houses to be suburban-like although it is part of CABA. The four neighborhoods have their upper end areas and the "lesser" expensive areas within each neighborhood. Rent first is advisable as it will give you 2 years to explore living away from the hustle and bustle of Recoleta and Palermo plus the upkeep of a single family-home.

Last edited:
I feel your pain.

Some people feel they're above the law, regulations, safety and common sense.
Nowadays, these individuals manifest themselves abusing common spaces and areas that should be kept empty at all times, for example.

Quarantine neans stay behind your appartment walls, not roam the building ignoring the common good and violating current and temporary health regulations and potentialy making certain areas a serious health risk.

Regarding houses, certain areas like Caballito still have a mix of old houses and newer buildings.

Must make a list of trade offs. Peace and quiet, isolation, safety, favored spots (commercial, entertainment, leisure).

I enjoyed my years in Caballito coming from Recoleta and spotted a few bunkerlike houses here and there. There were also beautiful small traditional two story houses like the ones in Belgrano.
If secluded on a short «cortada» even better.

Caballito at night might not be the safest place now.
Screams and shouts were common at night crossing the tracks between Pq Rivadavia and Pq Centenario.

Giving it a shot by renting is a solution unless the real estate market crashes or provides excellent opportunities in the near future.

I was very happy in Caballito but far from fancy.

Also make sure the area you pick has no recurring utilities issues like Almagro with electrical power, for example.

Iz

....Regarding houses, certain areas like Caballito still have a mix of old houses and newer buildings....
....I enjoyed my years in Caballito coming from Recoleta and spotted a few bunkerlike houses here and there. There were also beautiful small traditional two story houses like the ones in Belgrano. If secluded on a short «cortada» even better.....
....Caballito at night might not be the safest place now. Screams and shouts were common at night crossing the tracks between Pq Rivadavia and Pq Centenario.....

I am very content living in Caballito. In 2004 I chose to buy a PH on a tree-lined street on the north central side. The 6-unit, 2-story bldg is located 3 blocks from Parque Rivadavia and 10 blocks from Parque Centenario. Barrio Ingles is a very desirable area within Caballito due to the architectural designs of the homes and the many tree-lined streets but I did not want to own a house. And definitely did not want to live in a 8-10 story bldg.
My place is 3 blocks from Av. Rivadavia. I get around using public transportation exclusively at all hours of the day and night. I walk home as the streets in my area are very well lit. Safety at night may be a concern if one lives in the peripheral areas close to the autopista.

main reason, I am hesitant and the reason for this thread. Is it a stupid idea for a frequent traveler?
Many owners of single family dwellings contract with security alarm companies AND when away, have someone stay in the house.

Back