Living in a house in Capital Federal

I understand your problem .. if one has visitors to the building neighbours may resent it .

My neighbour from across the hall told me during the quarantine that owners had agreed to go out ONCE a day, and that I had gone out 3 times that day. The neighbour his wife and child, stood in the hallway and scolded me and pleaded consideration for them as well as myself being in a high risk group..!! He indicated that I could be reported..!

Similar situations happened to Heath workers that are resented by building tenants.

Hi Rich,...
Unless your neighbors are also the owners of the building where you live, you should tell them to mind their own business. I don’t know what it means to be in a “high risk group“. What group is that????. Yesterday I went out three times. Could have gone a few more if I thought necessary. I don’t know where is it written that people can go out only once a day.

Hi Rich,...
Unless your neighbors are also the owners of the building where you live, you should tell them to mind their own business. I don’t know what it means to be in a “high risk group“. What group is that????. Yesterday I went out three times. Could have gone a few more if I thought necessary. I don’t know where is it written that people can go out only once a day.
In April - at height of the cuarentena, one witch of a woman in my building told my girl friend that she can not walk her dog too far from the building, as its prohibited, else she will call the police..

Hi Rich,...

Hi .. You are responding to a posting placed during full quarantine in April..? We are no longer in Quarantine.
Muy neighbor with the Building Home Owners Assoc. had agreed to go out only once a day to limit risks..! People over 65 are in a high risk group..!

Is there an extensive history of break ins against forgein or non-foreign people on these wealthy streets? I come from a village in the UK so naturally think Argentina to be unsafe. Nevertheless, it seems this thread is over-blowing the risks.

As far as I know, no. It wasn't my intention to overstate the risks, just give Ceviche some ideas. I think you're safer in Belgrano R than an expensive neighborhood in the province.

The reason - I am desperately seeking to move in a house in CABA asap.

received from admin today.

De nuestra mayor consideración:

Estimados,

Hemos revisados todas las aperturas de las distintas etapas de la cuarentena y lamentamos comunicar que las empleadas domésticas no han sido alcanzadas por estas aperturas, es decir, su prohibición continua tal como lo indica el primer decreto gubernamental.

Entendemos la necesidad planteada por algunos propietarios que después de 6 meses continúe esta prohibición, pero no nos queda otra alternativa q acatar la normativa vigente.

Aquellos propietarios de edad avanzada podrán acogerse al decreto y generar los permisos dentro del marco de la ley. Aquellos propietarios que tengan niños y sus padres deban salir a trabajar, también podrán contratar una niñera dado que la ley los ampara. Aquellas personas discapacitadas q necesiten la asistencia de una mucama, también están exceptuadas.

Por ahora estas son las únicas alternativas que nos da el gobierno, esperemos que a la brevedad permitan el servicio doméstico a todo el mundo.

Por último, queremos recordar que en el caso de quebrar esta normativa el Consorcio debe denunciarlo ante las autoridades.

It just says No Maids or Cleaning Ladies (unless you are in a defined special needs group and can get a formal permit issued).

Iz

yes, I know, you like to believe my Spanish is hopeless..but its actually pretty good. The best way to learn Spanish is to speak it with no shame..Just say it with millions of errors -- but let it out with zero shame.

I never attended any school etc..I learnt it on the streets.

thanks to you, I lost the house in O-higgins..Now..I am almost desperate to shift in a house. if they are going to kill me in my house, in night time - while I sleep - with sharp edged daggers, so be it - I am READY - let it be so....but I will not stand this bullying from a admin clerk, whose salary is paid by me.

Ceviche, please stop this and be reasonable.

You wanted someone to play devil´s advocate and I simply did what you asked.
Using simple logic and the data you provided. Nothing else.
Can´t figure out why does that make me responsible for you losing the O´Higgins place or why you blame me.

I only got what basic english they teach at school here and the rest I also learned on my own. I understand you perfectly and, as I did on previous occasions, just made it more clear if it was not. Just trying to help.

What I ment to say on my post is that there´s absolutely nothing else that what the DNU dictates for ALL OF US. The rest is on you building´s neighbors, be it factual or wishful thinking and you are not bound by it.

If someone wants to give you shit, they better have the law on their side and it appears they do not.
The Admin most definitely doesn´t want to get into any trouble and will likely leave everyone to sort it out by themselves.
If it´s not in the building´s Reglamento de Consorcio then they´re SOL.
You´ve been there long enough so they will not want to mess with you or escalate to the owner.

Believe it or not, I´m on your side. But also realise that you´ve been acting like a fool lately.

Iz

This whole thing has further highlighted how special some people are... Just makes me lose more faith in humans, the more I can minimise my interaction with the general population the better. There are great normal people out there but the special ones ruin it.

Back