Living in a house in Capital Federal

Ceviche, not meaning to rain on your parade, but you may have noisy neighbors in a house, too.

Not really. The couple of house I likes were huge. Though there will always be some noise ( unless one is living In a Jungle)..but the sensation won't be same as that of neighbor's dog barking like crazy right on the next wall. Or having to deal with admin etc...// Believe me I have really dived deeper into and thought about it from a very deep level.

Ceviche,
Sorry to hear that O'Higgins is a lost opportunity.

As On the brink pointed out, I just realized too that a house like the one you seek would be a smart idea to enjoy , at least partially, this summer.

Regarding your current location, besides the fact that you are fed up with it's current conditions, it's very likely the owner will realize that it's better a bird in the hand than give you the bird.
Real estate market looks like shit, now and in the near future.

Iz

You will find it hard to digest. I actually take this forum very seriously. They advised me - that really bad things will happen to me - if I love alone in a house and also travel....so admittedly, I got scared momentarily.

However, after thinking about it..what do I want more -- Live in a department with these shit neighbors and their dogs and their laws or live alone in a nice house and maybe get killed with swords and daggers..so I decided that I prefer to get killed with swords and daggers.
I take the forum serious as well. (I just weed out the weeds when needed.)

Argentines are a noisy, gregarious bunch. I'm afraid there's no such thing as a quiet place in Buenos Aires.

I used to stay at my in-laws really huge place in Punta Chica - they owned the whole "manzana", so the neighbors were pretty far. Still, we could hear their dogs, and their parties.

Argentines are a noisy, gregarious bunch. I'm afraid there's no such thing as a quiet place in Buenos Aires.

I used to stay at my in-laws really huge place in Punta Chica - they owned the whole "manzana", so the neighbors were pretty far. Still, we could hear their dogs, and their parties.
I respect your contributions on the forum and your advice. But I did not land yesterday morning in BA. Noise is one factor...I want to move. But I have 5-6 more factors which I won't discuss in this forum and for which the house ideal for me.

And finally its easier to deal with problematic dogs in houses than in the apartment next door. I will not elaborate what I mean to say here.

You will find it hard to digest. I actually take this forum very seriously. They advised me - that really bad things will happen to me - if I love alone in a house and also travel....so admittedly, I got scared momentarily.

However, after thinking about it..what do I want more -- Live in a department with these shit neighbors and their dogs and their laws or live alone in a nice house and maybe get killed with swords and daggers..so I decided that I prefer to get killed with swords and daggers.

Ceviche if you are lucky the muggers stab you once to the heart and you die.. however in some case involves beatings,, torture, electric wire discharges and hot iron applications Some seniors die from heart attacks . I see in the news pics of very senior couples beaten black and blue.to find out where the dollars are? . I'm not ready for that . Take your pick..!

Ceviche if you are lucky the muggers stab you once to the heart and you die.. however in some case involves beatings,, torture, electric wire discharges and hot iron applications Some seniors die from heart attacks . I see in the news pics of very senior couples beaten black and blue.to find out where the dollars are? . I'm not ready for that . Take your pick..!
Fine..Noted.

I will continue with the search for the house, despite your "gruesome" warning.

Meanwhile, waiting for the next "gruesome" warning.

Last edited:
I'm not ready for that .
Most Importantly, how many of the retired expats here, on this thread, can actually "afford" to pay those prices which those house owners (Politicians for their multi million dollar properties) are asking for, and as described by me earlier as above?

I believe mostly in BA its a fashion to live in apartments costing 30-50,000 pesos a month especially amongst expats.

So its darn easy to blame the rejection on the "gruesome torture" and say.."aah..you are so crazy..I am not taking that torture. I. rather live in my 30,000 pesos a month apartment"

Last edited:
Fine..Noted.

I will continue with the search for the house, despite your "gruesome" warning.

Meanwhile, waiting for the next "gruesome" warning.

I'm terrified of those gruesome tortures ..! Let us know when you decide. NEXT

Back