Living in the country safely

jeff1234

Registered
We have several friends that have country houses and estancias that they really enjoy.
When I ask about safety/security they say it's not a problem, living out in the country is very safe. But it seems to me that a nice house with a new car parked in the driveway would be a magnet for criminals.
Can someone explain how you can own an estancia and be safe?

Have no ideas about estancias .... but quintas and week end homes with a pool in the Provincia de Buenos Aires , rely on the Policia Rural that patrol the roads looking for cattle and horse thieves...! When you are 5 kilometers from town on a dirt road, no street lights , all by yourself , better be prepared... ! :rolleyes:

Have no ideas about estancias .... but quintas and week end homes with a pool in the Provincia de Buenos Aires , rely on the Policia Rural that patrol the roads looking for cattle and horse thieves...! When you are 5 kilometers from town on a dirt road, no street lights , all by yourself , better be prepared... ! :rolleyes:
That's what I thought, guns, dogs, motion detectors. But they tell me that's unnecessary. And given the corruption in this country I wouldn't trust the Policia Rural as far as I could throw them.

Estancias around Madariaga get robbed regularly. A friend of mine was robbed four times in a row, fortunately while he was away. His neighbor was held up at gunpoint, the whole family was herded and locked into a bathroom, and the house was thoroughly looted.

Back