Suggestions about Argentina Countryside/LIVING COSTS

polostar88

Registered
I lived in Buenos Aires for over a year, last time I visited was last summer. It's gotten more expensive and I also want to see other parts of the country. I would like to come back to Argentina but live in the countryside. Does anyone know what the living costs are in places like Mendoza or Bariloche? My idea location would be something like San Martin de los Andes, but I imagine that costs in a resort town like that would be quite high.

To give you an idea of what I mean, I should say that I lived in Buenos Aires very well for about $2000/month, maybe less. I rented an apt. with everything included in Recoleta or Palermo for 800-900/month, and I had plenty left over to eat out all the time, go out, etc.; the biggest cost of course is RENT, so I'm especially curious about what rent is like in scenic places near the Andes and so on.

Many thanks.

I live in Los Antiguos, Santa Cruz which is very touristy in January. I believe that prices here are more expensive than in San Martin or Bariloche, but here's a basic summary of my monthly expenses in pesos:

Rent: $2000
Electricity: $70
Natural Gas (for heating in winter): $20 (I know this seems crazy cheap, but it's subsidized)
Food: $1500

An in town taxi ride costs $10 and one to the surrounding farms is $14.
A meal in a restaurant is about $70

dnussw said:
I live in Los Antiguos, Santa Cruz which is very touristy in January. I believe that prices here are more expensive than in San Martin or Bariloche, but here's a basic summary of my monthly expenses in pesos:

Rent: $2000
Electricity: $70
Natural Gas (for heating in winter): $20 (I know this seems crazy cheap, but it's subsidized)
Food: $1500

An in town taxi ride costs $10 and one to the surrounding farms is $14.
A meal in a restaurant is about $70

Thanks. The rate you pay for rent, is about $500/month, which seems very low for me. The biggest cost I have in Buenos Aires is rent, which is at least about $800/month for a decent apartment in a central location with everything included (utilities, internet, etc.). What do you get in Los Antiguos for about $500/month?

The other costs seem very reasonable as well.

bump

Surely some of you know what life and living costs are like in San Martin de los Andes, etc., the countryside near the Andes and so on. Or even in Mendoza. I'm especially curious about living costs, like rent per month and such. Would much appreciate some advice.

Back