Living in Vicente Lopez?

I have never been in this neighborhood. Any comments about a family living there?

The Vicente Lopez/Olivos area is quite nice. I lived there for a few months before moving into the city. The population definitely skews more towards families and older individuals and is pretty affluent. The further north and towards the river you get it becomes more affluent. Decent selection of shops, services, parks, and private schools. Very safe. Easy commute into CABA on the Mitre. I moved to CABA as I found Zona Norte in general to be too quiet and felt out of place in neighborhoods that were mostly families/older individuals.

Its a beautiful neighborhood. I would definitely recommend it for a family. It's close to the parks on the riverside and has other plazas. Good private schools, you can find ok public ones too. It's a calm area. No major security issues... The public transportation will take you downtown easily, by train or the metrobus lane with many bus options.
I'm nearby and really like living in the area. I can find good quality food all over Olivos, La Lucila and Martinez. It's perfect for taking a walks, there are so many trees in the area and the houses are so nice to look at. You should check the area out and see if it's what your family needs.

I live in Olivos since February 2020 with my family and we love it. I highly recommended it. As previous members said, you have all services there (schools, Health centers, shops, parks...) and transport to the city center is super easy, it takes me 25 minutes by train to Retiro. It is very safe area.

I have lived in Vicente López for 25 years. It is an excellent neighborhood, beautiful and with many trees. You can still find many english style houses in the neighborhood. It has good services, one of the best artisanal pasta factories in the city (La Sarita), proximity to the river, excellent schools and good connection to CABA (Metrobús, train and General Paz nearby). Security is good (similar to the best areas of CABA). The properties are quite expensive, so it is usually populated by older people (it is difficult for children to settle in this neighborhood, so when they become independent they usually look for smaller apartments in the "corredor norte": from Olivos to San Isidro or even Victoria ).

Been living there for 5 years and absolutely love it! An excellent choice for a family. Super safe as others mentioned.
Lots of family friendly options along the costanera for sporting activities/leisure/dining/open air concerts etc
Vicente López is actually quite a large area, For example Florida is more affordable than “VLo” proper.

I lived in Vicente Lopez previously, it's quiet, at least where I lived, very family/suburbia vibes, only downside was distance to things sometimes due to traffic impacting public transit/fact I didn't have a vehicle

To
I lived in Vicente Lopez previously, it's quiet, at least where I lived, very family/suburbia vibes, only downside was distance to things sometimes due to traffic impacting public transit/fact I didn't have a vehicle
My conclusion after visiting yesterday....thanks

Back