Local lady

MaraBA

Registered
Hi! I'm a single local Lady who lived abroad for several years and came back to BA. I am single again and I don't connect with local men anymore...ahy ideas of where to meet a nice middle age expat in BA (milongas, events?)

Hi! I'm a single local Lady who lived abroad for several years and came back to BA. I am single again and I don't connect with local men anymore...ahy ideas of where to meet a nice middle age expat in BA (milongas, events?)

what defines the "local men"? and what defines a "nice middle aged expat"?

what defines the "local men"? and what defines a "nice middle aged expat"?

Perhaps :-

Local Men - Born and brought up in Argentina..typically ancestors from Spain or Italy.

Middle aged - 45-60?

Nice - Gentleman, single/looking to mingle, good manners, well dressed, happy, having a reasonable source of income.

Perhaps :-

Local Men - Born and brought up in Argentina..typically ancestors from Spain or Italy.

Middle aged - 45-60?

Nice - Gentleman, single/looking to mingle, good manners, well dressed, happy, having a reasonable source of income.

Thanks for the details, although that does not address the underlying theme that I was hoping to poke at. Please forgive me for sort of hijacking this innocent post but I would like to use this opportunity to bring the issue of opportunistic dating into the light and get some feedback from fellow users on this forum who can maybe share their thoughts and feelings. I believe that transactional dating culture has become a taboo problem that nobody wants to touch.

First of all, what does a single woman mean by saying "i don't get along with the local men?" Is that a statement of honesty? If a woman is a person who does not get along with ALL local men then that same woman will not get along with any men, logically speaking. So obviously this has nothing to do with accuracy but with the history of past experiences and certain disappointments, so what is it then about ex-pat men in particular that makes them uniquely better? Do ex-pats not have history of bad relationships? Or is there a higher statistical probability of them not cheating on their current partner? Which again isn't necessarily true, considering the north american dating culture, and the expectation of instant gratification. So why discriminate while hiding behind a statement of not being able to get along with a particular group? This kind of language is everywhere now and it's almost like saying: "I'm open to anyone but since I honestly cannot get along with the locals for some strange mysterious reason (and i tried them all) then all I have left are the nice expats... please help."

Are ex-pats statistically more likely to own foreign currency in this country and therefore have better purchasing power that they can share with their current partner? This whole theme of "looking for foreign partners" has become just as hard for men who have trouble trusting opportunistic women who may have ulterior motives as it is for women not being able to voice their true intentions in life, but it is particularly hard for men who do not want to be surprised years down the road and feel cheated by someone who wanted to get deep into their pockets, there must be a better way.

Thanks but it is particularly hard for men who do not want to be surprised years down the road and feel cheated by someone who wanted to get deep into their pockets, there must be a better way.

Men only want women for their bodies when they're boring, women only want men for their money when they're not respectably masculine

The solution then is simple

Don't be a mindless NPC if u don't want men to use you.

Don't be a little soyboy if you don't want women to use you.

First of all, what does a single woman mean by saying "i don't get along with the local men?"

I couldn't answer on behalf of the poster; however, in my humble opinion, myself, being a woman who lived overseas for 2/3 of her life and is back in her home country, I would asume that she means that our mentalities changed and that most of the time we no longer feel we are on the same page with local people regarding the way we view things.

First of all, what does a single woman mean by saying "i don't get along with the local men?" Is that a statement of honesty?.

First of all, that's not what she said (wrote).

When someone uses quotation marks, most readers expect to see an exact quote.

You changed the words to express your interpretation of what the "single local lady" wrote fro,: "I don't connect with local men anymore." to "i don't get along with the local men."

Then you ask if the sentence you wrote ",,,is that a statement of honesty?

Obviously, isn't. Intentionally misquoting her was itself a dishonest act, and what follows that paragraph is based on a fictitious quotation.

Given the context of the topic (dating,) I don't see how writing, "Ï don't connect with local men anymore.". can be interpreted to mean that she a woman "who does not get along with ALL local men " (and) "then that same woman will not get along with any men, logically speaking."

Since she didn't say (write) "I don't get along with the local men," the conclusion that she doesn't "get along with ALL men" is fallacious, "logically speaking."

PS: I've lived in Latin America for almost 20 years and If I returned to the US now to live I seriously doubt I could "connect" (dating wise) with any of the local women there, and, based on my own experiences, I believe I understand quite well why a Latin woman would prefer to "connect" with an expat.male instead of the local men.

Last edited:
You changed the words to express your interpretation of what the "single local lady" wrote fro,: "I don't connect with local men anymore." to "i don't get along with the local men."

Technically you are right sir, I should have used the implied meaning instead of quoting but my point was accurate enough since not connecting with someone does imply not getting along at least the way I understand it. In regards to you dating hundreds of women and connecting with only a few of them sounds rather sad and bring about the question of what does "connecting" with another person really mean? To me to connect with someone is to date someone, otherwise why would I date them if I cannot connect with them? Isn't the purpose of a relationship is to connect with another individual on some deeper level so that we can relate to them? Otherwise why not just call it friendship?

She could also mean that she simply doesn't have regular social encounters with men. A lot there for interpretation.

Back