Locksmith ripoff? Cerrajero malo?

oops, just reread..he charged you 800 pesos..? Yes, rip off..be mad, sorry

Friend broke the lock and we called and got charged 300 peso "night time rate" which was double.

Supply and demand i guess.

hey,

this is the chancer routine,
chances are they tried to scam you and chances are you were scammed.
I dont mean any offence but how long are you living in BA?
The lad opened your door and solved your problem, you had agreed a price.
Think about it, if you were back in your home country you'd tell em where to go,
do the same in ba..
They will shout n scream and cause a lot of embarrassment but feel free to call the cops, and if they dont help call the tourist cops.
800 pesos, thats two weeks work to many people in ba...
I hope you know where the guy operates from..Send in one of your mates with good castellano pretending to be an officer from the department of interest in thieving k**nts or a reporter from the independant observer and scare the bejeysus out of them...
I hate this kinda stuff...

Hope you grab em by the proverbial balls

3 days ago a friend staying with us lost his keys to the outdoor and indoor door of our house. could not remember where he might have lost them, possibly even left them in the door. so i called a locksmith who showed up within the hour, changed the configuration of the 2 locks, came back an hour later with the new configuration and (on my request) 12 copies of each key. total cost: 370 pesos.

We got locked out once, door slammed shut while taking the bins out to the stairwell, and we got trapped between our front door and the building entrance. We called a locksmith, and whilst we were waiting the portero found us waiting on the stairs. It took him 20 seconds to open our front door with a soda can that he had cut open and unravelled. The locksmith arrived, we paid him off and gave him 30 pesos for the journey and felt both lucky and deeply unsafe at the same time.

These stories are LIES meant to make Argentina look bad. These sorts of things ONLY happen in the US. This sort of corruption is part of the way of life of the American people. Porteños are friendly and welcoming people. I'll bet the locksmith kissed you when he finished the job. That just goes to show how warm the locals are.

sergio said:
These stories are LIES meant to make Argentina look bad. These sorts of things ONLY happen in the US. This sort of corruption is part of the way of life of the American people. Porteños are friendly and welcoming people. I'll bet the locksmith kissed you when he finished the job. That just goes to show how warm the locals are.

Please stop with the hypocrisy and using the USA as a moral nirvana compared to Argentina.

Millions of USA citizens are bankrupted every year because of the corruption of the USA medical system . Simple operations and procedures bankrupt many innocent people .

This is rare in Buenos Aires with some excellent public hospitals and a medical system that is know to value the patient more than just profits.

Also in regards to the Locksmith this happens in any country in the world . I have had similar situations in Australia where I was taken advantage of because of requiring a emergency service of a locksmith or a mechanic.

sergio said:

Dear Sergio,

Are you BLIND? It's not like I offered the guy 800 pesos for an exceptional job. Go start your own thread to spread your bullshit. :cool:

Back