Long-Term Parking Near Iguazu

Patagone

Registered
Hi all,

besides driving to Iguazo to see the falls and the Esteros de Ibera and a road trip in general, we also want to fly from Foz du Iguazu to Europe.
At this moment tickets are about half price compared to EZE, so a big difference for a family of 4...

Anyway, I wondered if anybody has ever done something similar and especially: where did you leav your car for long-term parking? On the Argentinean side, the Brasilian side, where? Were there any costs or problems?

Also: we have no intention of going to Ciudad del Este, but I assume that the Aduana will think we did once returning to Argentina. How are the checks/controls and are there any special things going on at that border? We will be taking stuff (mostly used) from Europe upon return.

Thanks for any advice/experiences you can share.

Cheers

A quick google search says the cost of leaving your car at the airport is 28 reales per day. I can't vouch for the accuracy but they gave a number - you may want to call and confirm.

Estacionamientos: Teléfono: (45) 3521-4272

DO you need a visa for Brasil? Also make sure you have everything in order to cross the border with your car.

Argentine customs may or may not search the car , there is no hard and fast rule.
If you have suitcases the odds are in favour of a search.
I have crossed the Iguazu border 6b times in the last three years . The car has been searched twice.
Both times we had suitcases . the other 4 times we were waved through .

Thanks Citygirl & Glasgowjohn. I had found the parking at the airport, but apparently it is not particularly safe, outside and USD8/day adds up over 2-3 months..

Thanks Citygirl & Glasgowjohn. I had found the parking at the airport, but apparently it is not particularly safe, outside and USD8/day adds up over 2-3 months..

How about parking at one of the hotels in Pto Iguazu and taxi/remise to Foz airprot?

Back