Long term rentals in Bariloche?

I am looking to rent a 2 bedroom house or apartment for the next 2 years. Avg rent? Where should I start? Would prefer something in el centro or with walking distance.

Furnished would be great but not necesary. Doesnt need to be high end but does need to be affordable

Just use Airbnb. There is really no reason these days not to use them in almost any city you travel to. They totally protect you as a renter. If the property is a scam or bait and switch you just email them and you aren't charged anything. They don't pay the owners until 24 hours after check-in.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Bariloche-...R_doOIyDcbOU&allow_override[]=&s_tag=RjuM7Nah

There are some affordable and nice properties on Airbnb for Bariloche. Safe travels.

I am looking to rent a 2 bedroom house or apartment for the next 2 years. Avg rent? Where should I start? Would prefer something in el centro or with walking distance.

The standard rental term for residents is two years with a break clause in the middle: if you have a permanent or temporary residence visa you can rent property in exactly the same way as the locals and won't be restricted to high priced temporary rentals. Bariloche is a popular tourist destination winter and summer and landlords would be expected to be reluctant to let furnished touristy places that can make them a lot of money on a low-price, long term basis.

If you are coming to work for a local company they ought to help you with this. They would probably be able to help you with respect to the rental guarantee - which is not the same as a security deposit. The conditions of the guarantee are pretty strict in the City of Buenos Aires but I believe they are not so limiting elsewhere.

I don't know if any BAExpats live in Bariloche but one correspondent lives just up the road in Villa la Angostura. Hopefully she will look in and add to this thread.

I have friends that lived and rented in Bariloche long term without having to provide a guarantor. Look at the properties on Airbnb and some are affordable. Just negotiate something with the owner/manager and they probably would work with you. The owners know that the risks of renting long term to a foreigner are MUCH lower vs. renting to a local. And still if possible go through Airbnb's booking platform. I know that goes against the intuitive nature to just deal directly with the owner but you have many more protections going through a platform like Airbnb.

First of all, even if you do a long-term lease on Airbnb, they only pay the owner one month at a time. So if problems come up then you have protections with the owner either fixing it or being able to leave. My friends that lived in Bariloche didn't have problems negotiating something with owners long-term. Typically they have two high seasons. One in summer and one in winter during ski season. But other periods they are relatively slow. So I'd think most owners would rather have a guaranteed 2 year lease.

If you're trying to book a nice furnished property you're probably going to be out of luck as they can make more during high seasons renting it out short-term vs. a severely discounted lease. But a lower end property you shouldn't have as much of a problem.

Back